ECORS Race at Carolina Crawlin in Spartanburg July 9, 2011

They have had a few races around the Southeast so far. And this one is in our backyard. I'll post more info as I get it.

This is the Southeast's answer to the newest trend in 4x4 offroad racing. Race events will be run as an endurance style event where the racers will have staggered start times with multiple laps and up to 2 hours of racing.

Since guys running stock and mildly built vehicles like to race too, we have developed 3 classes to provide everyone an opportunity to race and be competitive. Now you don't need a full custom buggy to race and be competitive! All it takes is any 4x4 vehicle and the desire to win! Check our Class information to the left for more information about our different opportunities for all vehicle types.

ECORS is a traveling race series and during 2011, we will be hosting 5 races at various OHV destinations in the South East. Our events are typically held on Saturdays so that most folks can participate or come cheer the competitors on. Typically, most spectators and competitors come in on Friday afternoon and evenings and camp Friday nights. Most venues are set up to allow RVs and primative tents. Each class of vehicle runs seperate as each class will have a different course depending on difficulty. Each class will have a designated amount of time to complete a pre-determined amount of laps. Typically for Class A and B, this is 2 hours of racing and for Class C, this is 2 hours. While a specific class is competing, all competitors in that class will be on the course at the same time. During the start, competitors are released in staggered start times to help keep traffic jams to a minimum. This is true endurance type racing as outside help by spectators is not allowed on the race course! We have a pit set up specifically for repairs and refueling. Safety is our #1 priority and we set up each course to allow as much action for spectators and racers but keep it as safe as possible.

LBarr2002

LIFETIME
SUPPORTER
What kind of course will they have there? I didn't think there was that much room. I'd probably be able to go though.

Plan as it was told to me was to run through the crawler course, and then around part of the old nascar track. Probably around .5 miles a lap, short and fast. Should be fun though. The last race in Auburn was a blast. Ecors is a new series, but they are doing a real good job organizing the races.

Plan as it was told to me was to run through the crawler course, and then around part of the old nascar track. Probably around .5 miles a lap, short and fast. Should be fun though. The last race in Auburn was a blast. Ecors is a new series, but they are doing a real good job organizing the races.
pretty sure its an old dirt track, not a nascar track hahha

I don't know I have never been there that's just what the ECORS organizers told me. You guys should defiantly come out though the last couple races have been a blast.

IF you have not been to an ECORS event I recomend it once. IMHO the A class is the best. Most of the guys are racing stock XJ's in it. The guy that won the a class last year paid $500 for the jeep from what I hear. Andy @ Ironman4x4 fab is running the 5.9 Grand in it. I will be trying to attend but it is falling on the weekend after the Crawl. From what I have heard they are shooting for a 1 mile lap.

Im being talked into to doing this race however i'm not entirely sure yet. I dont really want to beat up the wj just yet although I think it would do fine in the A class. I know a guy over on jeepforum who ran in the Auburn race this past weekend I believe. Looks like a ton of fun.

Im being talked into to doing this race however i'm not entirely sure yet. I dont really want to beat up the wj just yet although I think it would do fine in the A class. I know a guy over on jeepforum who ran in the Auburn race this past weekend I believe. Looks like a ton of fun.
It would be fine in the A class, but could possibly get damaged. I know that bumping is discouraged, but during the heat of racing it can, and does happen. We entered the first ECORs race in A class and the driver barrel rolled my cherokee on the first lap.

It would be fine in the A class, but could possibly get damaged. I know that bumping is discouraged, but during the heat of racing it can, and does happen. We entered the first ECORs race in A class and the driver barrel rolled my cherokee on the first lap.
Yea might want to keep that in mind. I know they do rearend each other too at times.

Hey guys! Nice to see some SC discussion of the upcoming race in Spartanburg!!!

About the rubbing and bumping. Its technically against the rules. Intentional vehicle to vehicle contact is not allowed. Does it happen? I'm sure it does, but its usually between a couple of drivers that may have some beef between each other. Or, it may happen if someone slower doesn't let someone faster pass (which is also a rule violation!). So, it does happen but if you are careful, you should be good. We had a very nice TJ last race that didn't make any body contact with anyone and came out in the top 50% of the class in B.

As far as course layout, we are going to be using the 5/8 mile dirt track, the rock crawl section, and other areas for the race. I think i can get maybe 1.5miles out of the course if I lay it out good.

We are doing it a little differently this race to offer more racing for spectators, excitement, and better opportunity for racers. Each class will have 2 heats in the morning to qualify and get start positions for the Main that evening. For anyone that broke or didn't qualify in the Heat race, there will be a Last Chance Qualifier just before your Main for a last chance to make it to the Main race. Should be fun and exciting all day! Between the Heat race and the Main, you'll have a chance to rest and watch others race and to fix/prep your rig for the Main.

Should be fun!

The website should be updated very soon for more info on this race. www.ecors.com

Thanks all!
Rob

Hey guys! Nice to see some SC discussion of the upcoming race in Spartanburg!!!

About the rubbing and bumping. Its technically against the rules. Intentional vehicle to vehicle contact is not allowed. Does it happen? I'm sure it does, but its usually between a couple of drivers that may have some beef between each other. Or, it may happen if someone slower doesn't let someone faster pass (which is also a rule violation!). So, it does happen but if you are careful, you should be good. We had a very nice TJ last race that didn't make any body contact with anyone and came out in the top 50% of the class in B.

As far as course layout, we are going to be using the 5/8 mile dirt track, the rock crawl section, and other areas for the race. I think i can get maybe 1.5miles out of the course if I lay it out good.

We are doing it a little differently this race to offer more racing for spectators, excitement, and better opportunity for racers. Each class will have 2 heats in the morning to qualify and get start positions for the Main that evening. For anyone that broke or didn't qualify in the Heat race, there will be a Last Chance Qualifier just before your Main for a last chance to make it to the Main race. Should be fun and exciting all day! Between the Heat race and the Main, you'll have a chance to rest and watch others race and to fix/prep your rig for the Main.

Should be fun!

The website should be updated very soon for more info on this race. www.ecors.com

Thanks all!
Rob
Thanks for the Update Rob!!!

come on out! Blue Torch Fabworks has now sweetened the pot for all classes!

If you race UTV, Voss Racing and Wyatt Racing Products has also sweetened the pot for the UTVs. Voss added $50 cash to 1st and 2nd, Wyatt Racing Products has added $100 cash to 1st, $75 to 2nd, and $50 to third!

come on out and race, or just come to watch. Either way, we'll have a good time!

BTW, we are always looking for some volunteers to help out with various things during the race. If anyone wants to help out to do just about anything I can imagine :D let me know!

Rob