Domain name purchase, fill me in...

This is likely a question Tripp will have the answer to I feel like.

I am looking to do a website for a new venture in the near future. I have heard if you use someone like godaddy or the like that later on if you don't do things right or were to ever let the domain lapse they tend to stick it to you and you will never own the domain.

So, what is the best route to go here? I have come up with a few names that are not currently owned.

This is one of those deals that may go really well and blow up or may never sell ****... it's kinda one of those stones that kills two birds so why not try to profit from it some type deal... I don't want to go into detail as to what it is until I have my ducks closer to being lined up.

This is likely a question Tripp will have the answer to I feel like.

I am looking to do a website for a new venture in the near future. I have heard if you use someone like godaddy or the like that later on if you don't do things right or were to ever let the domain lapse they tend to stick it to you and you will never own the domain.

So, what is the best route to go here? I have come up with a few names that are not currently owned.

This is one of those deals that may go really well and blow up or may never sell ****... it's kinda one of those stones that kills two birds so why not try to profit from it some type deal... I don't want to go into detail as to what it is until I have my ducks closer to being lined up.
I have dozens of domains registered ( 36 as of this morning) with godaddy as well as several severs with them. I only have preference with them because i have so much there(and ill be honest, use to have pretty hot commercials) and it would be a royal pain to switch. I have never had any major problem with them. As far as renewals go, i have had a couple domains slip by their renewal date, but they usually give you 15-30 days before the "release" it to auction. Its just part of being a web host. If you dont want to deal with the responsibility then you should "hire a professional" lol

Contact me offline if you wanna have a conversation about this.

I have dozens of domains registered ( 36 as of this morning) with godaddy as well as several severs with them. I only have preference with them because i have so much there(and ill be honest, use to have pretty hot commercials) and it would be a royal pain to switch. I have never had any major problem with them. As far as renewals go, i have had a couple domains slip by their renewal date, but they usually give you 15-30 days before the "release" it to auction. Its just part of being a web host. If you dont want to deal with the responsibility then you should "hire a professional" lol

Contact me offline if you wanna have a conversation about this.
Will do. PM me your number. Will give you a ring one evening.