Dana 44 ARB

WolfGT

LIFETIME
SUPPORTER
I know I can go to Quadratec and pick one up for $1041. I'm wondering if anyone knows of a place to get a deal on one.

Wanted: ARB Air Locker for Waggy Dana 44. Accept 4.88 gears and 30 spline shafts.

WolfGT

LIFETIME
SUPPORTER
Message complete offroad on pirate. I wouldn't put the money in an axle with hubs. But it would be nice to unlock it around turns
Kind of the point. When you get out on the trails, like Windrock or Harlan, the big parks, it sucks to have to get out and unlock every time you hit the main roads to get to the other trails. Would be nice to lock the hubs when you pull in the park and then unlock when you head home. Use the ARB in the park. Is it necessary?, no, but sure will be nice.

01tj

I only unlock my hubs one time a day, and thats when I hit the pavement to head back to camp. (Harlan or Windrock, other parks I never unlock them)

WolfGT

LIFETIME
SUPPORTER
Why not a lunchbox or Detroit then? Cheaper than an ARB and much better behaved than a spool.
When under power, a lunchbox is a spool. When you go shooting down the long gravel roads with the rally car racers in our group, you stay under power quite a bit.

I only unlock my hubs one time a day, and thats when I hit the pavement to head back to camp. (Harlan or Windrock, other parks I never unlock them)
I think the difference is that you have power assist (I do believe). When I am on the trail and leave my hubs locked, my steering gets really upset with me after a couple high speed runs down the gravel roads and forget it if you hit any pavement.

The ticket is a 2 low kit and a lunch box locker. That's what my fj40 runs. With the hubs Locked the locker is non existent in 2 wheel drive.

When under power, a lunchbox is a spool. When you go shooting down the long gravel roads with the rally car racers in our group, you stay under power quite a bit.

I think the difference is that you have power assist (I do believe). When I am on the trail and leave my hubs locked, my steering gets really upset with me after a couple high speed runs down the gravel roads and forget it if you hit any pavement.
You can have every kind of hydro assist/ steering you want, a locked/welded/spooled front will have a bad turning radius. All the hydro does is make it easier to turn te wheel back and forth, it does nothing for turning radius.