CU Offroad Beasley Knob November 18th-19th

Time for our next trip! We will be heading out Friday November the 19th to Beasley Knob in Blairsville Georgia. We will be camping Friday night and plan on leaving later Saturday when it starts to get dark so everyone can have Sunday for school and what not. I will post the weather as it gets closer but it is November, so plan on bringing a sleeping bag, warm jacket and whatever else you might need to sleep through the cold. If someone can get a line on some firewood too that would be great. We have two large tents as well so tent space should not be an issue. Regarding the trails I have no personally been there, but I have heard they are great for a rig in the range of 32s to 35s. I don't know how they treat stock vehicle but I will look into it. Costs are only $5 per day for the park and gas so it should be a pocket friendly trip. We are considering doing a meal so we might ask for a few dollars for that. All these details will be discussed at our next meeting on November 13th.

So post up with your plans on driving or riding, I have the list at my house and will post that as soon as I get off campus.

I'll definitely be going, if we get my truck running I will be driving, if not i guess ill be riding, I will know if my truck will be ready next weekend, if its just the clutch then ill probably be driving me and miles should be able to get it done next weekend, but i'll let ya know for sure later, if I do drive i can fit one person

I got a tent heater this past christmas so my tent is going to be nice and warm:grin:. Am I going to be in charge of the group meal? I know yall were eyeing my cooking skills back at uwharrie lol.

Oh and I will be riding on this trip as my motor rebuild is taking way longer than I planed :shaking:and I will have the stove and lanterns as always.

Last edited:
So unfortunely our trips cancelled for this week. Hopefully that will give everyone some time and money to get thier rigs ready for Harlan. Cant show up with just 3 rigs for that trip.

So unfortunely our trips cancelled for this week. Hopefully that will give everyone some time and money to get thier rigs ready for Harlan. Cant show up with just 3 rigs for that trip.
sweet. this gives me a good amount of time! i'll let you know about harlan. i'm kinda doubting it but i might...