Construction Costs

Boy, I got my feelings hurt today. Have been planning an addition to the shop for quite a while but the time has come to make it happen. Have to get all of the useless stuff off of the main floor some how....

Granted I built the original shop 30x30 in 2010....the building cost has gone up 100%!!! Holy crap. Oh well, only live once right?

LBarr2002

LIFETIME
SUPPORTER
We need to redo a deck and stairs, and looking at doing some additional covered storage. There's a thread on NC4x4 with a few people in the building material supply market and it doesn't look like it's getting cheaper any time soon.

We need to redo a deck and stairs, and looking at doing some additional covered storage. There's a thread on NC4x4 with a few people in the building material supply market and it doesn't look like it's getting cheaper any time soon.
Yeah, thats what I am afraid of. I am going to pull the trigger on the shop today. Door may just have to wait a month or so.

Yep. When we talked the other day I thought you were getting crazy quotes. Now I see that was my mistake. lol.

I have already committed to the project though. Just thankful that mine is minute in comparison to a full on build. Also glad I pulled the trigger a long time ago. This just reiterates that we will never leave this place I guess.

Man thats nuts. I am debating what to do in the floor of the addition. Have to make a move this week...

Initially I was going to do asphalt milling like the driveway since it's just for storage. I can get millings delivered pretty cheap and spread it myself. I'm thinking about pouring a slab though...decisions, decisions.

Yes building right now is expensive. I have plans for a shop/garage in Camden. The prices I've seen are much higher than I expected too. What is the going rate for concrete around SC?

I was quoted $130/yd plus finishing. My neighbor is going to finish it for me and I am going to do the form work. 10 yds finishing fee was $800, but it's my neighbor...so not sure if that's a buddy deal. Seemed cheap to me.