Coil Spacer Lift

I have a TJ Jeep that has 2'' spacer lift and 1'' BL and just today I put on 1/2'' poly spacers on front and rear, on top of the 2'' spacers to add a little more lift is this okay? I do have my Trans dropped already and have Rough Country Hydro 0-4'' shocks. The reason I'm asking because they don't sell 2 1/2 spacers:shaking:.. And Extreme Terrain sells a 3'' lift and they said you don't have to worry about anything as long as you stay under 4'' on lift ..is this true?..You guys have real Jeep wrenching knowledge:mech: And helped me in the past..

Last edited:

LBarr2002

LIFETIME
SUPPORTER
I'm not sure about stacking the spacers... Never done it. I would also think you're getting close to the limit without having a slip yoke eliminator. If you can, I would go for a 2-2.5 inch spring and then add the small spacer on top if you still need more. there is a set of rough country springs for sale on nc4x4 now. Your axles will also not be centered under the jeep unless you get an adjustable trackbar or relocation bracket.

I ran those rough country springs on my tj and liked em. They were progressive rate and gave about 2.5 inches of lift. No vibes, rode great

I would definitely suggest getting the springs. But if you were going to run spacers, why no just get a 3" and cut it down? Stacking them is sketch IMO.

LBarr2002

LIFETIME
SUPPORTER
you are RIGHT it looks off,can you tell me how all this works I like to learn,I will be taking them off asap but I have no vib..
Look at the way the suspension works. There are a total of 5 links, 4 control arms and a trackbar. Simplified version:

lower 2 arms set axle location front to back, centered in wheel well. As you add lift, the arc of these arms make the axle move down and back. That is why you need adjustable lower control arms after a certain point.

Upper 2 arms set caster and pinion angle

5th link (trackbar) runs from driver's side frame to passenger side of axle. This locates axle under vehicle side to side. As you add lift, axle moves down and over towards passenger side. This us why you need longer tracjbar or relocation bracket after a certain point.

Last edited:
you are RIGHT it looks off,can you tell me how all this works I like to learn,I will be taking them off asap but I have no vib..
How what works? Why it shortened your wheelbase??

Think about it. The arms are retaining the stock location yet you are pushing the axle down. It has no choice but to move inwards. The vibration is going to occur when your caster gets off from pushing the front axle back and changing it.