Child Punishment

Am I cruel to think this isn't really out of line?

ROCK HILL, SC (AP) - A South Carolina father is accused of beating his son with a belt and making the boy walk in the backyard with a backpack filled with weights.

The Rock Hill Herald reported Friday Hamilton Morales is charged with unlawful conduct toward a child.

Rock Hill Police said the 33-year-old Morales' mother called police around 5 p.m. Wednesday saying that her son abused her grandchild. When police arrived, the 10-year-old boy said his father hit him with a belt on the legs before putting weights in his book bag and making him walk around the backyard.

Police reported seeing scrapes on the boy's shoulders and red marks on his legs. According to a police report, Morales told police that he was punishing his son for an incident at school.

http://www.wistv.com/story/21094488/sc-father-charged-with-child-abuse

I'd say the kid got off easy. "Red marks on his legs" bwahaha!! That ain't a whoopin.
We used to have to get switches from an elm tree, damn thing nearly broke the skin.

Sounds like something I would have received growing up, only my parents had a paddle. A big one. Grandma needs to mind her own business. She probably did the same to her son when he was a kid.

Doesn't sound that outrageous to me, but I guess it would come down to what he did to deserve the punishment. If he just got in trouble for talking in class that may be a little much, but if it was something more serious then it doesn't sound that terrible.