CB

WolfGT

LIFETIME
SUPPORTER
It seems that the whole CB idea is fading. Brooks has unexplained issues with his, gillis broke his, Marcus don't have one, JR's is broke....

It really helps having one to communicate, definately when separated on the trail. Come on guys.

I could hear most everyone on the last trip, it was yall hearing me that was the problem i think.

edit: but I agree we need to work on it. What do you suggest?

Last edited:

WolfGT

LIFETIME
SUPPORTER
Your cb was odd. Most of the time all we heard from you was garbled. But every once in a while it was ok.

The only thing I was trying to do is point it out. Having them improves the experience in my opinion and compared to a lot of the mods we do to our rigs, keeping a cb working is cheap.

I agree. other than buying new parts any idea one what I can do? I agree it makes it much easier to communicate and safer when we are on the interestate as well.

Its really hard to make it a strict rule.

WolfGT

LIFETIME
SUPPORTER
I think you have a bad connection somewhere. Or maybe the mic is crap. I would get with someone that also has a cb and do some troubleshooting. Just talk back and forth until the issue is found. That's the only way I see to figure it out, short of just buying new.

That way you can sit in your friends rig for a second and hear what we normally hear.

I think you have a bad connection somewhere. Or maybe the mic is crap. I would get with someone that also has a cb and do some troubleshooting. Just talk back and forth until the issue is found. That's the only way I see to figure it out, short of just buying new.

That way you can sit in your friends rig for a second and hear what we normally hear.
I had just tested it at the meeting, and tripp tested it. That one is only a few months old. the connections are tight, i'm wondering if my antenna mount is just not grounding enough. I'm going to try to change that before the october trip.

WolfGT

LIFETIME
SUPPORTER
But obviously running a tester on it to see if it has good signal is different than seeing if it is transmitting an understandable message.

I can't tell you the last time I wheeled without one. I'm sure yall were dying to know that. Brooks, sounds like an antenna or coax issue for sure. I have been running a midland walmart special for 6yrs. Been hosed off a hundred times too. Good talk guys.

WolfGT

LIFETIME
SUPPORTER
:bs: Mine is perfectly fine. I didn't even wire mine up until the second day at Windrock. I was using it at Windrock talking with everyone there including you. :hnd:
Hm, sorry JR. My memory is not the greatest. I just remember not being able to talk to you on the interstate. And having one at Gulches is great because you can reach the people you are with almost anywhere in the park. So if you want to run and get lunch or something, you don't have to run all over the park looking for the group.

Yeah the interstate ride was chaotic. I meant to wire mine up when we were at Harmon Den but forgot. The one I have is just a $40 Walmart special Cobra with a Coax/antenna/mounting hardware kit from a truck stop and it works fine. Never been tuned or anything. I think I have maybe $60 in my whole setup.