Car Audio for the Camaro

So, I am a little behind the times on car audio. Ever since I got deep into the offroading the car audio has been out of my mind.

Here is what I want. Either a period correct looking head unit that has a digital radio, and ipod jack. Or, do a radio delete and have a hidden radio with a controller in the console. Originally, I thought of doing what Jimbo did in the Land Cruiser but I think I will really hate not having a FM radio... May be one of my dumb *** moves, but I don't want to waste time/money.

I will be doing 2 6x9's in the rear deck, likely 5-1/4's in front kick panels or 6-1/2's if they will fit. Am not against doing a mid range amplifier for it to sound really good. I am considering doing one 12" sub eventually in the trunk but that will more than likely be later on down the road.

So, what are yall's thoughts. What are the options out there on hidden stuff? Thats really what I am leaning towards but I am not finding much that I like...

What sorta dime are you willing to spend? Car Audio comes down to two things.. Cost and What fits.

Couple comments.

JL Audio makes a really slick 5 Channel amp that is 75x4@4 and 300x1@2(180@4) in one package.
JL makes some really slick (and awesome sounding) shallow mount subs.
I have always enjoyed the sound of Boston Acoustics Mid-Ranges. I run them in my vehicles as well as my home audio. My father does the same, they mate very nicely with the JL subs.
Rockford Fosgate make some super tiny amps if space is at a premium.

I like the idea of the vintage looking radio, but in the end they don't look vintage with a digital display. Also from what I have heard, they don't sound as good as an equivalent head unit. If you are set on the look, then I wouldn't hesitate to just do the vintage radio with bluetooth. If you are set on a great sound with all the features go with a hidden radio.

I'm honestly thinking more on the hidden. I could put the control in the center console and do the radio delete plate. All speakers will be covered up.

Tripp, I really like the idea of that amp. I have used a Rockford of a similar flavor in a boat I did once. It worked very well. That would give me the option of a sub later and really good sound now.

Money, whats that? HA! I am on a budget but not going to do any audio until I can do what I want. I will probably not have a radio for a while. I am going to run all the wiring for what I anticipate when I do the new carpet in a few weeks...