Bantam Trailer

I didn't want to start a new thread so I hope it's OK to latch on to this one. I accidentally discovered a place called SC Surplus while running some errands. They had lots of cool stuff there; including military surplus items. I have been keeping an eye on their website, and found a 1/4 ton military trailer(possibly a m416?). They are asking $450 for it, but it looks kind of rusty and dented. So, anyone who is still looking, there you go.

It is a M416. It looks like its in good shape other than the surface rust, or which there is a lot :) However, it may be painted that red color. there also appears to be a dent in the side rail, but all in all, it looks pretty good. Lot # F10190001 if looking on the site.

f10190001.jpg

I dunno, unless they wanted rust colored paint. The texture looks a bit uneven to me, but that is a ton of rust if that's what it is. The white discoloration near the yellow "699" is getting me to believe its rust.

Thats definitely surface rust, not paint, it doesnt look dark enough to be rusted through though thats why i say surface rust. Maybe it was sanded for repaint or something and sat out without paint, but i do see some specs of green.

The m100 trailer i was talking about in 4wdtoyowners looks like the bantam trailer in the start of this thread. I'd like to either do some work to the m416 that my folks have or get another m100/m416 to fiddle with, as i may be giving up the Taco for an XJ soon and could use some sort of a bed sometimes.