15" wheel fitment on a JK

I need some help guys and gals. I have a 2011 JK with 15" wheels. I know the smallest stock wheel size for a JK is 16". I had to modify the front brake calipers a bit (grind away at the back) to fit the 15's. the rear wheels fit just fine with no modification required. This is not a standard practice for JK owners, i know, but I like the look of 15's and the tire cost saving is phenomenal. I have seen a few other JK's on the internet with the same set up.

I am looking at selling the the ole gal soon (its finally paid off!) and getting a newer 2012+ JK with less miles. have any of you JK owners put 15's on a newer JK (2012+)?

I am going to put the stock rims and tires back on before I sell it and keep my 35/12.5/R15's on 15x8 Cragar soft 8's for my next Jeep. I couldn't find where anyone has done the mod on anything newer than a 2011.

Has anything changed with the braking systems from 2012 +? has anyone else tried this?

Thanks!!

I think there are only two jk owners on here, at least regularly. We both have 17's on ours. I don't think I've seen anyone go 15". Jimbo is the other guy with the jk. Jimbo did upgrade to Raptor spec tires on his but still on 17's.