What did you do to your rc this week?

Worked on the Bomber a little Last night, Realized i ordered the wrong motor.. I guess the ROC412 3200kv will have to work. I decided i'm going to build it as designed as a 2.2 for now and see how i like it. Never had a 2.2 rig before.

Here you go Brooks, I swapped out the 600 hubs for some 475's. It narrowed it up nicely. Still have a healthy bit of tire sticking out, but so do alot of TJ's on the road lol!

20160730_174031_zps8zjgjbvd.jpg

Well, curiosity got the better of me. I installed the pair of 225 hubs I had laying around on one side of the TJ. It actually looks pretty good. Not to mention it lets me use my LockedUp Pro hubs as well!

20160731_101454_zps9vhbafhg.jpg
20160731_121415_zpsiae0iqwv.jpg

And I installed my other set on the big JK!
20160731_123457_zpsuqszn1oh.jpg
20160731_123509_zpsysrxabmx.jpg

Worked on the bomber some more... recovering from a hella hangover...
5c37cd2e5ef666d9d5b9a6a204acab78.jpg
fde57241ef6d36db8398d91fd37b2e63.jpg

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk
looking good. After running my scx10 - 2 for a couple of short runs, let me suggest that you replace the plastic balls in all of those links with either traxxas metal balls or axial metal balls. otherwise the axial rod ends wont last a weekend of U4 racing.

I've been thinking about picking one of those Axial cars up. I really like the Bomber, but for slightly more I can get a Yeti which comes w/ brushless. I wish they'd just add a brushless to the Bomber. That would make the $400 a little less painful.

Pretty sure i have about $400 in just the Servo, ESC and Motor going into this rig.. Dont get into this hobby without thinking you can build one of these for under a grand.. and Brooks' shady parts acquisitions don't count... he always finds stuff for pennies on the dollar...

I've been thinking about picking one of those Axial cars up. I really like the Bomber, but for slightly more I can get a Yeti which comes w/ brushless. I wish they'd just add a brushless to the Bomber. That would make the $400 a little less painful.

Pretty sure i have about $400 in just the Servo, ESC and Motor going into this rig.. Dont get into this hobby without thinking you can build one of these for under a grand.. and Brooks' shady parts acquisitions don't count... he always finds stuff for pennies on the dollar...
Oh trust me, I know. I used to race 1/10th scale electric trucks in the 90s, and 1/8th scale Nitro trucks in the early 2000s (actually built and ran a track for a while many years ago). I'm just looking for something rtr to play with. I can upgrade over time as stuff breaks, but I don't want to buy something that needs upgrades out of the box to have any fun with. The yeti fits that bill, but I'd rather have a solid axle.