Post your Picture of the day

My wife and I did Moab the “Right” way over the weekend. We flew in and got a rental Jeep. Had a great time. She got a rude awakening on what Moab trails are like. She seemed to be expecting bumpy gravel roads, not climbing ledges on the side of a cliff! After getting used to it she had a blast and is even talking of getting her own Jeep.

5C17B068-FD09-497D-886E-A22932F90056.jpeg

Moab is on my short list of places to transfer to. Unfortunately the site is small enough that a person literally needs to wait until someone dies or retires.

Sent from my SM-J320P using Tapatalk

My wife and I did Moab the “Right” way over the weekend. We flew in and got a rental Jeep. Had a great time. She got a rude awakening on what Moab trails are like. She seemed to be expecting bumpy gravel roads, not climbing ledges on the side of a cliff! After getting used to it she had a blast and is even talking of getting her own Jeep.

View attachment 7937

Thats a great way to do it. Mind sharing what you paid for the rental and how long you were there?

LBarr2002

LIFETIME
SUPPORTER
What the heck is going on down there with the fancy bed lol
It was our guest room bed, until we had 2 kids and they took over our guest room and office. "Guests" have been sleeping on a futon in the living room. Our niece stays with us on weekends fairly often so we wanted her to have a place where the kids wouldn't jump on her at 7:00 am.

Thats a great way to do it. Mind sharing what you paid for the rental and how long you were there?
We were only in Moab for 24 hours. We flew into Grand Junction CO at 6pm. Picked up a cheap rental and made the 1 hour 45 min drive to Moab. We took the “scenic” route there and it was fantastic. We attempted to go get a Jeep that nite as we got there at about 6pm. Unfortunately the rental company had all hands on deck somewhere rescuing a client. So we just went and spent the evening at Arches. We stayed until dark hoping for some cool sunset shots. We went and picked up a Jeep the next day. Since they no longer had a 2 door they gave us the JKU for the same price. It was $295 after taxes for the day. The normal JKU rent is about $40 more. We ran Poison Spider first thing and then Gemini bridges and Long Canyon. We had a couple hours free at the end of long canyon. But couldnt really come up with a trail that short. So we drove up to see the potash ponds and attempted to get to the Thelma and Louise cliff but ran out of time. While this was just a dirt road, the scenery kept changing and it was worth it.

Our Jeep was nearly brand new. 3000 miles on the clock and no body damage or scratches of any kind, even on the sliders! After Poison Spider the sliders looked like a proper crawler. I was quite impressed with its capability. We rented from Twisted Jeeps based on strong recommendations in a pirate thread. We were happy with the rental company. If you were arrange the 24 hour rental or stay a couple days, you obviously get a lot more time for the money but we were satisfied.

Edit. To anyone going to Moab, I HIGHLY recommend going to Long Canyon. The trail is easy, but the views are well worthwhile. Highlight of our trip.

Attachments

Last edited:
My wifes uncle is a helicopter pilot in Los Angeles. His company was bought out by another company with some seriously cool toys. We heard this P-38 Lightning was in town and had to go check it out. Its one of only nine in airworthy condition in the world. This one was spotless. Go to climb inside and everything.

384FF544-3B43-4691-A2D2-18AC6CE101DB.jpg 78D161AC-8289-42A1-BB1A-C642B4A8D7DD.jpg

My wifes uncle is a helicopter pilot in Los Angeles. His company was bought out by another company with some seriously cool toys. We heard this P-38 Lightning was in town and had to go check it out. Its one of only nine in airworthy condition in the world. This one was spotless. Go to climb inside and everything.

View attachment 7939 View attachment 7940
thats awesome to crawl around in one of those. Looks fun as hell.

Had about three inches of rain Tuesday night in an hours time. Washed some of the driveway out and did a number on the bar. Having a gutter added to the back and made a drain for the side. Hell of a days work but I think it will remedy the issue.

Had about three inches of rain Tuesday night in an hours time. Washed some of the driveway out and did a number on the bar. Having a gutter added to the back and made a drain for the side. Hell of a days work but I think it will remedy the issue.
Did you put the gutter on the metal building? How did you attach it? I have to do gutters on my shop eventually.