Carver mill=illegal?

Right? There's a certain club on fb always promoting rides out there.
I have actually talked with the owner and it is illegal for wheeling, but there is a loophole...

read the disclaimer and agreement...
http://www.geocaching.com/seek/cache_details.aspx?wp=GC3CAWE

but yes,the un-named club is wheeling and camping there against the wishes of the land owner.

**********AGREEMENT & DISCLAIMER**********
In accordance to the agreement made by property owner and the cache owner, the following must be followed if you decide to seek this cache. The property owner has graciously allowed this cache to be placed on their property for your hunting pleasure so please be respectful of the property as you seek out this cache. No hunting, fishing, or camping is allowed on the property. No littering or dumping of any material is allowed on the property. Use of and access to the property is limited to activities directly associated with geocaching activities and only during daylight hours. As always leave nothing behind but your name on the log and maybe some swag.

By downloading, copying or accessing any part of this cache page you are accepting full responsibility for any damages you may incur while searching for this cache. If you decide to actively seek this cache, you are doing so of your own free will. Groundspeak, the property owner, nor the cache owner will be held liable for any damage you may sustain to your vehicle or your person.

Last edited:
I know we go to Erskine beach and blacks mill a good bit and although the road goes through blacks mill idk how legal it is to play on. People have gone out to Erskine beach for years and years and I don't know who owns it but I think as long as your not disturbing the peace or trashing it they don't have a problem with people being there, although I'd never camp at either of them.

Seems every time I hear anything about carvers mill it's about people getting in trouble or trespassing.

Just stumbled upon this.. I have been out there once. Know a few people who go other there occasionally and even trailer their rigs. From what I have heard as long as you don't park on or off the road you are fine. There is an open area where people to park trailers and what not but it is somewhat away from the road. I have never really heard of anyone getting busted out there. But basically as long as you're not a dumbass you'll be fine.

Carver mill was setup for geocaching. People abused it and now it's gone. The geocache page for it listed it as temporarily but now with the geocache page being archived it looks permanent.

Just stumbled upon this.. I have been out there once. Know a few people who go other there occasionally and even trailer their rigs. From what I have heard as long as you don't park on or off the road you are fine. There is an open area where people to park trailers and what not but it is somewhat away from the road. I have never really heard of anyone getting busted out there. But basically as long as you're not a dumbass you'll be fine.
yes, people are still going out there, but it is without the owners permission. AKA trespassing. See attached picture in Post #7.

Last edited:
Well I don't know where y'all getting y'alls info from. chase went out there twice last week with no issues and there were a good bit of people out there too

Sent from my iPhone

I spoke to the Owner of the property....seemed like pretty legit info
Yeah I find that hard to believe. There is no gates or signs and again still a pretty popular place.. If it was such a nono to be out there why would people still be going? Or why wouldn't it be more known that it was off limits

Sent from my iPhone

Yeah I've been out there twice this week and I can promise I wasn't the only one out there either. I Still have yet to see any gates or trespassing signs that yall are talking about. I know that it is a no no to camp or party out there because I've heard of the cops coming for those reasons but I've been numerous times in the last few months and never had problems. There is also 2 entrances and we try to use the back road near the mall to get in so we don't make the people mad in the neighborhood streets up front. I think if what yall are saying is true there would be more effort by the owner to keep people out because lots of people still ride out there frequently.

Never said anything about the legality.. I speak from experience he speaks from hearsay.. Till I get caught or hear from some I know getting caught i will be ok with going out there

Sent from my iPhone

"I spoke to the property owner"

hear·say

/ˈhirˌsā/

noun

noun: hearsay

information received from other people that one cannot adequately substantiate; rumor.

Not really getting how that would be hearsay....