Post your Picture of the day

LBarr2002

LIFETIME
SUPPORTER
Awesome, David just picked up the same boat in Tan. Nice find!
Supposedly its 3 years old, been used a few times, was stored in a garage until recently when he ran out of space. It's got some scratches, was dirty and was missing a screw for one of the handles, but that's taken care of and I put the kids to work washing it.

I have intentions to make my own wooden canoe one day...

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk
Jealous of all your tools you have in your work shop.

I’ve been reading a couple build threads on Microskiff and hulltruth of people building boats out of wood, fiberglass and foam, mostly skiffs or flats boats but has me wanting to do some type of project like that one day. The plans or kits aren’t bad price wise.

Stumbled across this guy a couple weeks ago and he’s intrigued my interest. Cool project
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCg-_lYeV8hBnDSay7nmphUA

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Jealous of all your tools you have in your work shop.

I’ve been reading a couple build threads on Microskiff and hulltruth of people building boats out of wood, fiberglass and foam, mostly skiffs or flats boats but has me wanting to do some type of project like that one day. The plans or kits aren’t bad price wise.

Stumbled across this guy a couple weeks ago and he’s intrigued my interest. Cool project
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCg-_lYeV8hBnDSay7nmphUA

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Jimmy Diresta has been building a wooden canoe the past month and it's really cool...

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

Is there much left up that way. Its only about an hour away from me. I keep saying im gonna ride over that way and look, but haven't done it yet

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

If you went up there before it certainly worth a look
Oh yea, my last trip was around 08. Have pictures of me crossing the forde and many others. Rode all around that place in my little YJ. Even watched a man cut his finger off on the slickrock ledge. Around 2004 was my first trip. My Dad and I went solo. Guess im gonna have to plan a trip

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

I’ve been reading a couple build threads on Microskiff and hulltruth of people building boats out of wood, fiberglass and foam.
I actually designed several boats over the years. Mostly catamaran design. I still have the cad files around here some place.
I designed most of mine to be built from 1\4" thick UV resistant HDPE.
The catamaran style is very maneuverable, and displaces enough water to allow for some impressive weight capacity ratings.

Never have the time & money to add any more projects to the ever growing list!