Post your Picture of the day

What kinda of issues? Handrails equal less issues and full rigid even less. Nice ride by the way. I can show you around 32 miles here in Greenwood or all 47 in DuPont if you haven't been there.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

The guy I bought my salsa from, got rid of it bc he said it caused him pain from reconstructive surgery (idk on what body part) but since he's gone full suspension, he's had no issues.

I like my bike and really just being out riding again, but after riding a few trails at Paris mountain, I want a full suspension with more travel once I can afford it. Paris mountain has ridiculous amounts of roots and rocks and they throw me around like crazy.

What kinda of issues? Handrails equal less issues and full rigid even less. Nice ride by the way. I can show you around 32 miles here in Greenwood or all 47 in DuPont if you haven't been there.

Before this weekend, I had to replace a number of cables, then the hydro brakes went out, then I broke a spoke.

This weekend, the front end loosened up, not a big deal, but aggravating when riding with others, because I gotta pull over and re-tighten everything. Then it randomly started ghost shifting like nuts. Come to find out, the whole cassette wobbles. I'm sure I can just take it all apart, re-tighten, maybe even put some thread locker on it. But the bottom line is that something goes wrong after EVERY FRIGGEN RIDE for the past few months.

I'm sure whomever I sell my old bike to, it'll be fine because I've basically done everything. But I'm tired of wondering what I've got to turn a wrench on next. Also I'm wondering when the front shock is going to give out. They are NLA and the size, etc for that frame is NLA. I've had my fun with it. Time to have fun with the new bike.

I would enjoy coming up to DuPont one day. Just gotta make it up there. Would also like to get back to Isaqueena one day. I always loved that place. But for now, we have a number of great trails around here. Both fast trails as well as rocky climbs. My plan next week to go hit Fort Yargo. They have this one downhill section that is super fast and goes for like, a mile down a powerline right of way. I remember it being awesome.

Did you guys know there are mountain bike trails at URE now?
Yeah. I would be tempted to go when the 4x4 trails are closed. Otherwise I'd rather be in my rover. Also if I'm driving 4+ hours to bike ride, I'm going to Pisgah or Windrock.

On the side note on Uwharrie, the USFS is cracking down on alcohol consumption in the campsites. When I was there two weekends ago, they arrested one guy and handed out tickets.

Tragic. It was like the Tellico Campsites back in the day when the rangers would come hassle you over beers there.

Yeah. I would be tempted to go when the 4x4 trails are closed. Otherwise I'd rather be in my rover. Also if I'm driving 4+ hours to bike ride, I'm going to Pisgah or Windrock.

On the side note on Uwharrie, the USFS is cracking down on alcohol consumption in the campsites. When I was there two weekends ago, they arrested one guy and handed out tickets.

Tragic. It was like the Tellico Campsites back in the day when the rangers would come hassle you over beers there.
Was this in the campground or primitive camping on the trails?

Under normal circumstances I would agree that it is "harrasing." However, I have yet to go to URE and not see someone actively consuming alcohol while operating a vehicle on those trails. Every time I am up there, I always see one.

Sent from my SM-T210R using Tapatalk

Was this in the campground or primitive camping on the trails?
At the campgrounds.

In all honesty, I feel like if you were to go back into one of the primitive sites, like on Dickey Bell or maybe up on Daniel (can't remember if there were any spots left, too much guardrail) you'd be fine. They were all driving new expeditions on "government special" tiny tires. Too much low hanging fruit at the campgrounds, they aren't going to go back in the woods.

Either way, Uwharrie is kinda off my radar now. I'll go back in...two years...maybe...if I have a tow rig by then or am able to live a bit closer.

At the campgrounds.

In all honesty, I feel like if you were to go back into one of the primitive sites, like on Dickey Bell or maybe up on Daniel (can't remember if there were any spots left, too much guardrail) you'd be fine. They were all driving new expeditions on "government special" tiny tires. Too much low hanging fruit at the campgrounds, they aren't going to go back in the woods.

Either way, Uwharrie is kinda off my radar now. I'll go back in...two years...maybe...if I have a tow rig by then or am able to live a bit closer.
I understand that 100%. If I lived further away I'd go a lot less but it is the largest closest place for me to wheel. I'm looking for a new place to move to. My Business has shifted and I am doing more with Bridgestone in GRaniteville, SC now. Was born in Aiken so I'd love to go back home. My Girl lives in Camden, SC and my boys graduate HS on June 2nd. I'd guess in 2 - 4 years I'll be in Camden. If not before. She and I have talked about moving towards Rock Hill, Lexington, and the upstate. She however really loves her 2 acres in Camden so we shall see in time.

I understand that 100%. If I lived further away I'd go a lot less but it is the largest closest place for me to wheel. I'm looking for a new place to move to. My Business has shifted and I am doing more with Bridgestone in GRaniteville, SC now. Was born in Aiken so I'd love to go back home. My Girl lives in Camden, SC and my boys graduate HS on June 2nd. I'd guess in 2 - 4 years I'll be in Camden. If not before. She and I have talked about moving towards Rock Hill, Lexington, and the upstate. She however really loves her 2 acres in Camden so we shall see in time.
The problem with living in Aiken County is having to drive 3+ hours to take a 4x4 somewhere interesting. I keep looking for work in Greenville but my area of expertise is thin up there. But, I did hear that the Moab site is getting ready to ramp things up a bit, but that is more of a pipe-dream.

The problem with living in Aiken County is having to drive 3+ hours to take a 4x4 somewhere interesting. I keep looking for work in Greenville but my area of expertise is thin up there. But, I did hear that the Moab site is getting ready to ramp things up a bit, but that is more of a pipe-dream.
True but Aiken is cooler than Hartsville. There are some cool places to wheel in NC but most are private parks You either hit a open weekend or join the clubs.....

Got myself a tornado anchor.. Interesting move... no fingers of toes lost....and yes...im leaving it cribbed up... this particular model is about a 1946 model... weighing it right at 2000 lbs per the scale i drove across...

IMG_20170422_152115049.jpg

Got myself a tornado anchor.. Interesting move... no fingers of toes lost....and yes...im leaving it cribbed up... this particular model is about a 1946 model... weighing it right at 2000 lbs per the scale i drove across...

View attachment 7839
I'd be interested in knowing what one would cost? If my son continues down the machinist path I'd love to have something like that and a lathe for us to work on stuff together with.