August 13th MCJ Cookout and Shooting Range Day

We will be heading out to Leesville near Larry's House for a Cookout/Pool Party/ and Shooting Range day in august.

MCJ is having a Cookout/Pool Party/Shooting Range day August 13th. The party will be near Batesburg, at 373 Church Road (directions below). We will get started at noon and eat around 5:00 pm. We are providing BBQ and bread. Please RSVP to this address with the number in your party and if you want to bring a side or desert. Please RSVP even if you have said you will attend in the thread.

Map.

http://maps.google.com/maps?q=Bates...48,-81.608495&sspn=0.007283,0.009645&t=h&z=17

Who all is planning to attend? this is the list so far:

Brooks & Andrea
Larry & Burgundy
Tripp
Will
Dan + family
Ed + family
Linus
Jeff
Greg

Last edited:

LBarr2002

LIFETIME
SUPPORTER
We need to decide on a time, but probably get started after lunch and stay till dark. It will be family friendly. It doesn't matter if you're an expert marksman or never held a gun before, we'll have stuff for people to borrow and can instruct if necessary. Or, if you have no interest in shooting, just come eat and hang out at the pool.

Range is roughly 100 yards. Can shoot rifles and pistols. Two shooting stations with table rests. We hope to have a skeet thrower also, so bring shotguns too.

(Pool is a little bigger than the picture, we use the dually:grin:)

Last edited:
Has the range on 378 opened yet? Also im trying to get a better idea on who is coming on Aug. 13. I will include a map of where the events will occur. There will be a pool available for the kids and wifes (if they don't want to shoot), its at the House the range is about .25 miles from the house.

Plans are to do some Skeet shooting first (early as this is in the middle of a field) around 9:00-10:00. Grab some lunch, depending on RSVPs we may head into town for some BBQ or throw some burgers on the grill. Then move down to the range for pistols and Rifles (in the shade).

Map.

http://maps.google.com/maps?q=Bates...48,-81.608495&sspn=0.007283,0.009645&t=h&z=17

Last edited:

LBarr2002

LIFETIME
SUPPORTER
Brooks, will you edit the first post with a list and how many people coming with each? It will be me and Burgy, probably my brother. Tripp, Will, and probably their girlfriends.

Ed, Linus, and Greasemonkey, anybody coming with you?

THanks. I have to see what is planed for that weekend. Might be a good weekend to head to the rents house in Aiken/Ridge Spring, then head over there on Saturday. Wow, just ran the directions on google maps that is only 15 miles from the house there.

Last edited:
THanks. I have to see what is planed for that weekend. Might be a good weekend to head to the rents house in Aiken/Ridge Spring, then head over there on Saturday. Wow, just ran the directions on google maps that is only 15 miles from the house there.
Ridge Spring is a dirt road away from where we will be.