Grand Slam South East Harlan, KY July 29-31

LBarr2002

LIFETIME
SUPPORTER
Well, looks like I'm out of this one too. My wife's sister is in the hospital and we missed work yesterday to go see her. Burgundy is going to miss a couple more days and won't have the time to take off that Friday, and I don't want to make it a one day trip either. So, we're going to sit this one out.

Yeah were getting his transmission today and putting it in tonight. Casey talked to a guy at work who has a powerstroke and a double trailer and looks like well hopefully both be getting towed up there. Im trying to convince David to get his piece together and bring it but we will see. Brooks what are your plans?

Just got word from my boss that I have Geopak training monday-friday july 25-29... So not only am I missing the last day of our vacation with my wifes parents, I wont be able to go to grand slam. I'm not a happy camper, but I really need this training to do the next project I have coming up.

cant make it

Planned on leaving Friday morning, ive got stuff Thursday until 6pm. Caseys got work though and the guy towing us works with him too so well have to load up and pull out late Friday around 5.

We'll be leaving friday right after i get off. If the jeep aint done then i'll still be going. The guy who would be towing me has a modded rhino that we'll be cruisin in. So im still planning on going up there.

Me, Ronnie, Elise, and Michael are still going. Tranny didn't get in cause all the harness are different so im having to figure out what to do about that (fml). So were bringing a rhino, and either ronnie's 4wheeler or davids 4runner.

Yeah my Jeeps not making it. My driver side upper CA mount is completely ripped off the frame and the passenger side is starting to peel off too. So hopefully be riding shotty in davids 4 runner.

so out of 2 built Grand in clemson we are sending none because they are both broke.....hmmmm sounds like a build platform issue... TJ anyone?

First, my tranny has nothing to do with it being a GC. And it technically wasn't broke. I tried to fix it before it broke and now that opened a whole nother can of worms. Ronnies on the otherhand maybe (holes in unibody :0).

Second, we all cant have "wings" sticking off the sides of our jeeps to keep it pretty when we're sunday driving down forest service roads.

Plus you can't put 5 people in a tj and still have room for the beverage cooler.

Last edited:

WolfGT

LIFETIME
SUPPORTER
Crap ..... how did I miss this thread this whole time!!? I would have tagged along but a little too late. Next time for sure. Hope to see some of you next weekend at Gulches.

First, my tranny has nothing to do with it being a GC. And it technically wasn't broke. I tried to fix it before it broke and now that opened a whole nother can of worms. Ronnies on the otherhand maybe (holes in unibody :0).

Second, we all cant have "wings" sticking off the sides of our jeeps to keep it pretty when we're sunday driving down forest service roads.

Plus you can't put 5 people in a tj and still have room for the beverage cooler.

I was gonna retaliate for the full framed TJ's till you talked about the wings, then i started laughing to hard i cant do it. And no i cant say **** i have a tj that hasnt wheeled/ran in forever but she likes how i treat her, and she likes being stripped naked. Shes a whore.

haha, maybe you should just run full widths like the cool kids and then the wings wouldn't look as wide.

but we'll be leaving right after work. rollin 5 deep in a extended cab f250 with a rhino, a bobbed 4runner, and plenty of liquid encouragement on the trailer:smile: