Grand Slam South East Harlan, KY July 29-31

true, well I'm down for camping behind the dairy hut again or on the putney side, what do yall want to do? Usually the Grand Slam Crew is on the Evarts side behind the dairy hut.

From the research I've done it appears Harlan KY is about an hour and a half to two hours north of where we were at on the Bumpus Cove trip. Which I thought was a very enjoyable ride. :grin:

Could someone post a decent map?

LBarr2002

LIFETIME
SUPPORTER
From the research I've done it appears Harlan KY is about an hour and a half to two hours north of where we were at on the Bumpus Cove trip. Which I thought was a very enjoyable ride. :grin:

Yeah that gas station with the Holiday Inn Express near Bumpass exit is where Brooks and I stopped for fuel last trip up.

Hopefully we'll have a better start to the trip this time.

Harlan is where NAXJA has their Crawl every summer now since Tellico Closed. July 4th. I'm heading up then. Harlan also does not have any current posted maps. They are copyright protected and one of the counties sources for income to keep the trails open. And for $6 its an awsome map. Harlan has a little bit of everything for every one. There is stuff there that will challange a full blown KOH rig.

Larry I feel the same way. I even went back up 2 weeks ago and managed to break before lunch the first day. I haven't been on a trip in over 8 months that I didn't break on the first day.

Just got word from my boss that I have Geopak training monday-friday july 25-29... So not only am I missing the last day of our vacation with my wifes parents, I wont be able to go to grand slam. I'm not a happy camper, but I really need this training to do the next project I have coming up.

LBarr2002

LIFETIME
SUPPORTER
Well that sucks. Leave after work Friday and come up for sat?

Have you already reserved a camping spot? Is there any other planning things I need to do?

I had not reserved a spot yet. I had thought about leaving friday after work, but if I go to harlan I dont want to just be there for a day...its just not worth the gas driving there and back for a day.

Alright so hows everyone looking for this so far? I have yet to register on GSSE website, not sure if I posted it here yet http://gsse.mallcrawlin.com/register.html, but will be this Friday. Also registration is not required for anyone just wanting to go wheel like we normally do. This is if you choose to.

Im really looking for a tow up there if someone has a double trailer with an empty spot and needs someone to split fuel. Also I have a rig to pull a single trailer if someone has one available. I have a class thursday from 4 to 6 that I have to go to but would be ready to pull out right after that.

Last edited: