Future of OffroadSC.com

Yeah that site is awful. I dont go there anymore unless I have to.
awful how? I dont go there very much. My wish would to not have any ads, we are discussing a few options for the future of the site and you guys will play a big role in it. Let me know what you dont like about IH8MUD.

Mud's site is just so chock full of adds that load and bloat. Takes forever just to get the thread you are looking at to load. Especially if you are going through a particulary large thread, i want to bash my head in.
Another issue with the ads is that it will take long to load and you try to click on a different hyperlink and just when you click, the link you want gets booted down and you end up clicking a frickin ad. It is a vicious cycle.
I try to not go to that site anymore if i do not have to

And the fact the ads are in between each different response from members. Sometimes videos.
they place those ads so that you do accidentally click them. That would not be our preference in the future. Most forums like that remove the ads when you are a supporting member. I think Jeepforum.com did that when i was a supporter over there.

While that sounds great in theory. How many will actually be a supporter? I think that major influx of ads would drive traffic down even lower.

While that sounds great in theory. How many will actually be a supporter? I think that major influx of ads would drive traffic down even lower.
I'm not implying we would do that to non supporters. We are actively working to make this a user owned entity that will have 501c status and be run by the organization itself. So it would be the users that would decide.

We are making great progress, I know there are a number of checks on the way. As soon as we get the funding sorted we can start the transfer. Thanks for all that have donated, we are well on our way!