Thread: Dash Cams

City
    Leesville
    State
    SC

Dash Cams

Anybody have one? Suggestions?

I'm on the road a lot, narrowly missed several accidents lately, roads are overrun by stupid people.... I've been considering getting a camera for a while. There are cheap ones out there for less than $100, but I'm wondering if a nicer camera might also do decent trail video, route tracking, etc. I've seen good reviews on the Garman 65W.
    Last edited by LBarr2002; 04-17-2018 at 12:17 PM.
    '04 LJ Sleeper

City
    Hodges
    State
    SC
    I don't have one, but I should. I typically do 1K miles each week, and see lots of stuff that I wish I had on video. I heard something on the radio about them yesterday and actually got me curious as well.
    Harvard

City
    Greenwood
    State
    SC

Dash Cams

Quote Originally Posted by LBarr2002 View Post
    Anybody have one? Suggestions?

I'm on the road a lot, narrowly missed several accidents lately, roads are overrun by stupid people.... I've been considering getting a camera for a while. There are cheap ones out there for less than $100, but I'm wondering if a nicer camera might also do decent trail video, route tracking, etc. I've seen good reviews on the German 65W.
    German or Garmin? I like the idea. I dodge cars like crazy these days

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

City
    Leesville
    State
    SC
    Quote Originally Posted by 88XJROX View Post
    German or Garmin? I like the idea. I dodge cars like crazy these days

Fixed.

Last fall my coworker t-boned a 2500 Ram that pulled out in front of him. Luckily there were witnesses and the truck was at fault.

The next day, I got run off the road by a van, narrowly missed a pedestrian, then a mile down the road the van passed in median, hit a car sending it off a 30ft bank, and continued a quarter mile before it couldn't go any more. I stopped, gave my first aid kit to the guys in the car and let them sit on the tailgate until EMS and cops showed up. I got to give my statement to the cops and both parties' insurance companies on that one...
    Last edited by LBarr2002; 04-17-2018 at 01:11 PM.
    '04 LJ Sleeper

City
    Greenwood
    State
    SC
    Quote Originally Posted by LBarr2002 View Post
    Fixed.

Last fall my coworker t-bined a 2500 Ram that pulled out in front of him. Luckily there were witnesses and the truck was at fault.

The next day, I got run off the road by a van, narrowly missed a pedestrian, then a mile down the road the van passed in median, hit a car sending it off a 30ft bank, and continued a quarter mile before it couldn't go any more. I stopped, gave my first aid kit to the guys in the car and let them sit on the tailgate until EMS and cops showed up. I got to give my statement to the cops and both parties' insurance companies on that one...
    Yeah. I stick around on the interstate once to give statement. But dash cam donít need no witnesses!

City
    Blythewood
    State
    SC
    I've been using a $40 chinese one in mine for over a year. I'll have to check the model but I got it off Amazon. Audio and video are pretty good as well https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ap2HLGwi9D0