Dash Cams

LBarr2002

LIFETIME
SUPPORTER
Anybody have one? Suggestions?

I'm on the road a lot, narrowly missed several accidents lately, roads are overrun by stupid people.... I've been considering getting a camera for a while. There are cheap ones out there for less than $100, but I'm wondering if a nicer camera might also do decent trail video, route tracking, etc. I've seen good reviews on the Garman 65W.

Last edited:
I don't have one, but I should. I typically do 1K miles each week, and see lots of stuff that I wish I had on video. I heard something on the radio about them yesterday and actually got me curious as well.

Anybody have one? Suggestions?

I'm on the road a lot, narrowly missed several accidents lately, roads are overrun by stupid people.... I've been considering getting a camera for a while. There are cheap ones out there for less than $100, but I'm wondering if a nicer camera might also do decent trail video, route tracking, etc. I've seen good reviews on the German 65W.
German or Garmin? I like the idea. I dodge cars like crazy these days

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

LBarr2002

LIFETIME
SUPPORTER
German or Garmin? I like the idea. I dodge cars like crazy these days

Fixed.

Last fall my coworker t-boned a 2500 Ram that pulled out in front of him. Luckily there were witnesses and the truck was at fault.

The next day, I got run off the road by a van, narrowly missed a pedestrian, then a mile down the road the van passed in median, hit a car sending it off a 30ft bank, and continued a quarter mile before it couldn't go any more. I stopped, gave my first aid kit to the guys in the car and let them sit on the tailgate until EMS and cops showed up. I got to give my statement to the cops and both parties' insurance companies on that one...

Last edited:
Fixed.

Last fall my coworker t-bined a 2500 Ram that pulled out in front of him. Luckily there were witnesses and the truck was at fault.

The next day, I got run off the road by a van, narrowly missed a pedestrian, then a mile down the road the van passed in median, hit a car sending it off a 30ft bank, and continued a quarter mile before it couldn't go any more. I stopped, gave my first aid kit to the guys in the car and let them sit on the tailgate until EMS and cops showed up. I got to give my statement to the cops and both parties' insurance companies on that one...
Yeah. I stick around on the interstate once to give statement. But dash cam don’t need no witnesses!