WolfGT

LIFETIME
SUPPORTER
Something that has always been a pain in the butt about the New Posts page. The way it is supposed to work is that you click on the link and it shows you everything that is new that you haven't read. And the thread stays on there until you read it or mark all posts as read. But that isn't what happens. For example, about 10 minutes ago, I opened that page, there were 5 or 6 new posts. I opened the OSCAR thread and started reading and as always, got a call and was on that for about 20 minutes. I continued to read the thread and when I tried to go back to the New Posts, I was logged off. That's fine, I logged back in and now the New Posts are empty.

That isn't right. I know I can go into the Activity Stream, but that isn't the same. That is very cluttered and you will see the same thread every time a new post is made. Like the OSCAR update, there are about 10 entries in the Activity Stream when there would be one entry in New Posts. It is not working correctly.

And most of the time, I log in and New Posts is completely empty, even though there are new posts.\

On other forums that this feature works correctly on makes it nice, because when I actually have time to get caught up, I can just go to that page and work my way through the posts. If I run out of time, I know I can just close it and come back later.

Something that has always been a pain in the butt about the New Posts page. The way it is supposed to work is that you click on the link and it shows you everything that is new that you haven't read. And the thread stays on there until you read it or mark all posts as read. But that isn't what happens. For example, about 10 minutes ago, I opened that page, there were 5 or 6 new posts. I opened the OSCAR thread and started reading and as always, got a call and was on that for about 20 minutes. I continued to read the thread and when I tried to go back to the New Posts, I was logged off. That's fine, I logged back in and now the New Posts are empty.

That isn't right. I know I can go into the Activity Stream, but that isn't the same. That is very cluttered and you will see the same thread every time a new post is made. Like the OSCAR update, there are about 10 entries in the Activity Stream when there would be one entry in New Posts. It is not working correctly.

And most of the time, I log in and New Posts is completely empty, even though there are new posts.\

On other forums that this feature works correctly on makes it nice, because when I actually have time to get caught up, I can just go to that page and work my way through the posts. If I run out of time, I know I can just close it and come back later.
Somehow this thread slipped through the cracks in the preparations for OSCAR last year. what browser are you using to view the thread? the new posts seems to work for me on Firefox, but I have my password saved and it doesn't seem to log me out. This should be addressed with the transfer to the new software.

WolfGT

LIFETIME
SUPPORTER
Always the latest version of chrome. I have the password saved also. But that doesn't keep me logged in, it just helps logging back in a lot faster/easier.

Always the latest version of chrome. I have the password saved also. But that doesn't keep me logged in, it just helps logging back in a lot faster/easier.
weird, I wonder what is logging you out? Mine stays logged in all the time on firefox. Hopefully with the upgrade to the new software it will solve this problem.

WolfGT

LIFETIME
SUPPORTER
Not sure if there has been updates to the site and if this is still an issue. I will leave it logged in today and see if it is still and issue. But with the inevitable migration of some sort coming soon. I don't think it is an issue we should put much effort into at this point.

Not sure if there has been updates to the site and if this is still an issue. I will leave it logged in today and see if it is still and issue. But with the inevitable migration of some sort coming soon. I don't think it is an issue we should put much effort into at this point.
agreed

WolfGT

LIFETIME
SUPPORTER
But, as an example (for future reference). About an hour ago, my power went out for a quick blip. I just got logged back in and my New Posts are now empty. Even though there were about 20 threads or more in there before I go logged out by the power outage.

But, as an example (for future reference). About an hour ago, my power went out for a quick blip. I just got logged back in and my New Posts are now empty. Even though there were about 20 threads or more in there before I go logged out by the power outage.
I use Chrome too and notice the Password thing is very buggy.