Jeep Styled UTV

LBarr2002

LIFETIME
SUPPORTER
I've seen this a few places and just don't get it. It's not a good jeep, and it's not a good side by side. Its not road legal. You could have a kick *** jeep for the price, or like 3 samurais. What's the intended market for these?

I bet they sell like crazy. Be kickass for a Jeep rental place in places like Moab, or on a ranch. It’ll cater to people who want a simple knock around the farm rig but don’t want to work on something old.

I think they'll be decently successful also. My guess is that the aftermarket really latches onto them, and we end up seeing them in the same light that we see Samurais (except for the street legality) - small, underpowered (at least its got the diesel qualities), but nimble and buildable.

I've seen this a few places and just don't get it. It's not a good jeep, and it's not a good side by side. Its not road legal. You could have a kick *** jeep for the price, or like 3 samurais. What's the intended market for these?

There are no new options. Comparing old suzukis is apples and oranges. It’s not feasible to try to create a 50 state legal version. I would probably strongly consider buying one if we were lucky enough to live in a state with tags for UTV stuff.

It is a chance for Mahindra to finally sell their rigs in the US. They could not get in because of the US safety regs. They migh be a bit more durable than the SxSs. You know it will only be time until you find people swapping over their early Jeep bodys onto the chassis and have a pretty much brand new jeep, but have a better look than that hideous grill of the Mahindra.

LBarr2002

LIFETIME
SUPPORTER
It is a chance for Mahindra to finally sell their rigs in the US. They could not get in because of the US safety regs. They migh be a bit more durable than the SxSs. You know it will only be time until you find people swapping over their early Jeep bodys onto the chassis and have a pretty much brand new jeep, but have a better look than that hideous grill of the Mahindra.
That's a good point. Take a jeep tub (and title), swap onto that chassis and tag it as the old jeep...

There was a story on Jalopnik about how there are even parts that will still crossover from Mahindra directly into the on Willys. I dont think they would make much money off of the cheap early Willys crowd, but interesting that they were able to finally break into the US market.

It is a chance for Mahindra to finally sell their rigs in the US. They could not get in because of the US safety regs. They migh be a bit more durable than the SxSs. You know it will only be time until you find people swapping over their early Jeep VIN TAGS onto the chassis and have a pretty much brand new jeep, but have a better look than that hideous grill of the Mahindra.
FIFY :hnd: