Camping & Trail Gear ... Let's See It!

I thought it might be nice to have a little thread for the gear we all pack in the Jeep, camping, canoeing, kayaking, or on a bike\hike!
Let's see what gear you take, where you got it, and why you carry it along with you.

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

I made a purchase that's worth it's weight in gold. If it's for survival, camping, canoeing, ect.... Cold Steel makes a high quality reproduction of the Spetnaz entrenching tool. Weight: 26.6 oz - Overall Length: 19.68" - Handle: Hardwood - Thickness: 2mm
The shovel head and socket are forged from medium carbon steel, then heat treated for maximum strength. The edges come sharpened to a utility/axe edge that can easily be improved to razor sharpness. The Special Forces Shovel comes complete with a specially made Cor-Ex sheath.*

$34 on Amazon
Cold Steel 92SFS Special Forces Shovel Includes Sheath https://www.amazon.com/dp/B008TSPSZM/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_apa_.zEDAbBDTHF7J

I spent about 30 min with a good sharpening stone, and you could nearly shave with it now.

For the cost it's amazingly well made, and covers as a weapon, a hatchet, a hammer, a shovel, and possibly more!

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk
6afd464979cbf2cb0df9b4e3b841a75a.jpg

Last edited:
I carry a multi tool for nearly everything I do. Hunt, fish, camp, wheel,ect......
I've been through I can't tell ya how many over the past 25 or so years. I've come down to 1 particular model covering every need I have had, and some I haven't.
With a cost of $90 it's hard to swallow the initial investment, especially if you have 4 of them like I do!
Leatherman - Wave Multitool, Stainless Steel with Nylon Sheath https://www.amazon.com/dp/B000K1GYC2/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_apa_xmFDAbEDP5355
I can say that it has more useful tools than any other multi tool I've ever seen, it's still fairly compact, and light weight. It's never let me down, and I could literally survive the wilderness with nothing more than this tool if I needed to!
My only complaint with all of the Letterman brand knives & tools is that their knife blades don't hold an edge for long. It's still sharp, but doesn't stay razor sharp.
Do yourself a favor, go grab one, or a few. Throw them in the Jeep, your camping\fishing\hunting bags, and one in your go bad if you have such a thing!
6a9361d859fb9af8260561cc06971c39.jpg

Last edited: