Tire sources

I'm looking at replacing the dry rotted tires on the Commando w/ a set of 35x12.50r15 BFG KM2s (was waiting on the KM3s but got impatient).

I've gotten a few sets of tires at a local shop I like alot, and they quoted me $1286 for a set of 5, mounted and balanced, Load range C. I liked this price. And then I checked the internet.

4wheelParts has a set of 5 of these tires right now for $1055 after $50 instant rebate and with free shipping. And if you're willing to drive to Charlotte or Atlanta or Charleston they'll mount and balance them for free. Dang. That seems like an absolute killer deal. But it's minimum 2 hours to any of those places.

Then I remembered that Discount Tire matches offers. I just got off the phone with them, and they're willing to match the $1055 for 5 of these tires, mounted and balanced. There's an additional $8 waste fee per tire if they have to remove my old tires and dispose of them. But they also offer a replacement guarantee for $35/tire ($175 for 5), which is a pretty good deal on tires that get used offroad.

I thought I'd share that deal with y'all in case anyone else is looking at tires.

-Gareth

that is a good deal. I didn't realize they would price match. When are you going to get that thing out? I haven't touched mine since Colorado.

I'm working on it, finally. Our last child (Lord willing) turned a year old and now I'm back to turning wrenches. Plus Steve97TJ is my new neighbor and is willing to help me get things done. I think I'm about a month away from having it road worthy. I'd like to give it a shake down run at 88XJROX's place in the next couple months. For a long time I just tucked it in the back of the yard and paid very little attention to it. But now it is taunting me constantly, so I've gotta get it going again.

I'm working on it, finally. Our last child (Lord willing) turned a year old and now I'm back to turning wrenches. Plus Steve97TJ is my new neighbor and is willing to help me get things done. I think I'm about a month away from having it road worthy. I'd like to give it a shake down run at 88XJROX's place in the next couple months. For a long time I just tucked it in the back of the yard and paid very little attention to it. But now it is taunting me constantly, so I've gotta get it going again.
Let me know anytime. Workers wheel until memberships are available

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Update: i went and bought the tires from Discount Tire this past week. I bought (5) using their Price Match Guarantee to get the 4Wheel Parts price. The DT guys didn't believe the price and called 4WP in Charlotte to verify. I went for DT's hazard warranty at ~$37 tire. Final pricing: $40 to remove the old tires and $1305 for the new tires (mounted, balanced, and the warranty). That's over $50 cheaper than the first price they quoted me just for the tires. I feel like I basically got a warranty for free. I'm pleased.

Of course, then I saw the KM3s were finally released at EJS this week :roll:

That would be nice but I am scared to risk it. Have two new ones and two half tread. Can replace two and last forever or replace five in a couple years....