MCJ Work Day Feb 10th

LBarr2002

LIFETIME
SUPPORTER
We're having a work day at my house February 10th. We'll get startrd around 9:00. Main priority will be any projects to get ready for DBBB, but post up anything you'd like to accomplish.

If the weather cooperates, I plan to have a fire going all day. I'll have some hotdogs and fixins, Smores stuff, etc for lunch.
20180114_164925.jpg

I have some splitting to do and plenty more to cut, but if anyone has some seasoned firewood they could bring,please do. This stuff takes a while to get going...
20180114_123450.jpg

Last edited:
I didn't make the 1st meeting of the new year, but I hope everyone in doing well.
If any of this was covered at the meeting, then moderators feel free to edit as needed.

**If anyone needs a specially tool to complete a job, let me know ahead of time. I'm happy to bring what I have, just need to know what to pack.**

I'll go ahead and bring......
*My tablet running Torque, with OBD2 adapter to scan\clear codes, and watch live data.
*Factory Parts Listings for
1994-1996 YJ \ XJ \ ZJ
2003 TJ
*Factory Service Manuals for
1994 YJ \ XJ
2003 TJ

*Cooling system pressure tester, if anyone is having trouble locating a coolant leak.
*Cooling system chemical tester, if someone thinks they may have a crack in the block, or minute head gasket leak.
*Multimeter, digital Circuit tester, Power Probe electrical diagnostics.
*Mini torch if anyone needs to soulder battery cable, or power wire ends.
*Connector crimpers for OE terminal repairs. (Just bring the terminals you need replaced)

If you need help wiring any electronics, I'll be happy to explain, and supervise. Sorry, but my back doesn't agree with crawling all around a vehicle now days.
(Let me know what you want installed, and I can tell you exactly what size wire, fuse, relay, switch, ect.... you will need to bring. )

If anyone has old towels, shirts that can be cut for shop rags, please bring them I'm sure we will need them.
If your doing anything with fluids, bring something to catch it, and take it home with you.
Bring brake cleaner for brakes, drive line, or fluids clean up. Walmart brand is fairly cheap.

IF YOUR VEHICLE SMELLS LIKE FUNKY MUD, OR SO GREASY YOU CAN'T SEE THE MOTOR, GO WASH IT OFF!

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

LBarr2002

LIFETIME
SUPPORTER
I didn't make the 1st meeting of the new year, but I hope everyone in doing well.
If any of this was covered at the meeting, then moderators feel free to edit as needed.

**If anyone needs a specially tool to complete a job, let me know ahead of time. I'm happy to bring what I have, just need to know what to pack.**

I'll go ahead and bring......
*My tablet running Torque, with OBD2 adapter to scan\clear codes, and watch live data.
*Factory Parts Listings for
1994-1996 YJ \ XJ \ ZJ
2003 TJ
*Factory Service Manuals for
1994 YJ \ XJ
2003 TJ

*Cooling system pressure tester, if anyone is having trouble locating a coolant leak.
*Cooling system chemical tester, if someone thinks they may have a crack in the block, or minute head gasket leak.
*Multimeter, digital Circuit tester, Power Probe electrical diagnostics.
*Mini torch if anyone needs to soulder battery cable, or power wire ends.
*Connector crimpers for OE terminal repairs. (Just bring the terminals you need replaced)

If you need help wiring any electronics, I'll be happy to explain, and supervise. Sorry, but my back doesn't agree with crawling all around a vehicle now days.
(Let me know what you want installed, and I can tell you exactly what size wire, fuse, relay, switch, ect.... you will need to bring. )

If anyone has old towels, shirts that can be cut for shop rags, please bring them I'm sure we will need them.
If your doing anything with fluids, bring something to catch it, and take it home with you.
Bring brake cleaner for brakes, drive line, or fluids clean up. Walmart brand is fairly cheap.

IF YOUR VEHICLE SMELLS LIKE FUNKY MUD, OR SO GREASY YOU CAN'T SEE THE MOTOR, GO WASH IT OFF!

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk
You don't have a smoke machine do you? :)

Ok jeeple's, Now is the time!
If you need a specially tool, or some specific something to complete a job you need to let me know by Friday morning.

WolfGT

LIFETIME
SUPPORTER
For me, mostly simple items unless we have time to address the last one on the list.

- Change the rear diff cover. Take a look inside while it is off and see if we can find a simple solution for my ARB issue. If not, don't worry about it for now.
- Set proper fill level for the front diff (mark new dipstick and fill).
- Go through my on-board air setup and remedy any small air leaks.
- Fix CB (new antenna, needs tuned)
- Figure out what can be done about my passenger side limit strap on the front. It seems to be cutting itself in half. I think the mount point needs moved.

Simple stuff on my rig. We don't have to do any of it. I'm there to assist but if there is open time in the shop, these are the things I would like to get done.

Last edited:

LBarr2002

LIFETIME
SUPPORTER
I need to troubleshoot the brakes on Dj's trailer and mount the cb antenna on my truck. Nothing really to do on the jeep.

So I left the work day, and on my way home the hyme on the front track bar broke!
Just how my luck has been lately.....
New one sitting in the shop waiting on Preston to install it.