Thread: Welding work needed for GenRight Cage Kit

City
    Columbia
    State
    SC

Welding work needed for GenRight Cage Kit

Anyone have any recommendations for a shop or person with a big garage and a welder who can weld together a Genright full cage kit on a TJ? I'm having a hard time getting responses from local shops in Columbia SC.

Would like to find a shop that is familiar with the job if possible, if an individual I'm happy to help with the project and provide $$ and beer.

On that note, anyone is Columbia SC have a Poison Spyder or Genright full cage installed? Would be nice to see them in person.

Thanks,
    JB

City
    Lexington
    State
    SC
    What kit is it? Is it frame mounted also or just to floor?

City
    Columbia
    State
    SC
    Not planning on doing frame tie-ins at this point, just the basic cage kit.

https://genright.com/products/jeep-t...-cage-kit.html

City
    Lexington
    State
    SC
    What is your time frame. It should take a day? You can come by my shop in lexington if you want to see my setup and talk

City
    Columbia
    State
    SC
    Yeah, most accounts from what I can find online say it's about an 8hr job. An hour to assemble and tack weld, then remove it and finish weld and paint then bolt in.

I'll PM you my phone number and find a time that works to talk more about the job. I don't have the kit yet, I want to make sure I have arrangements made before I order the kit, my other option is the welded PSC kit that ships on a pallet, but I like the GenRight one more.

JB