Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst ... 45678 LastLast

Thread: White TJ build

City
    Greenwood
    State
    SC
    Quote Originally Posted by jimbo92 View Post
    Check the guy in the old lumber shed behind gary russ. He does stuff for our dealership. Pretty good, cheap and quick
    Thanks Jimbo. Iíll try and get by there Friday. Marcus gave me a name of s guy to thatís suppose to be cheap so im gonna do some shopping

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

City
    Chapin
    State
    SC
    i'm suprised the corners didnt at least cover the stock wheel opening? thats odd to me. Good job on the patch.
    --Brooks

City
    Greenwood
    State
    SC
    Quote Originally Posted by 97TJGUZZY View Post
    i'm suprised the corners didnt at least cover the stock wheel opening? thats odd to me. Good job on the patch.
    Yeah I was a little disappointed it didnít cover the opening but they sell sliders of course to match up with the corners so thatís probably why. But thanks. Gotta do the pass side this weekend and get ready for paint

City
    Greenwood
    State
    SC

White TJ build

Finished prepping the rear corner armor and added the lower support piece and drilled a hole in it to be able to mount a thru bolt into the body. Hopefully this well help keep it in tact better. Gonna get bud to paint them to match this week. Put a lil bondo in the pin holes and sanded them down. And painted the inner fender wells with a fresh coat of flat black
    Installed the nutserts for them too. Found this lil trick on YouTube and worked pretty well. Hold the nut with a wrench and run the bolt up with an impact gun.

And also finally installed my smittybilt winch rope i got for $99 on sale that Iíve had since I started tearing this thing down

Last edited by Drew01taco; 02-04-2018 at 03:31 PM.

City
    Greenwood
    State
    SC

White TJ build

Iím been putting it off but I think I decided to French in my rear shocks which will also allow me to keep same lower mounts. I didnít want to cause I eventually want to run ORIs. I missed a decent deal the other week on 4-14Ē ORIs and havenít confirmed exact lead time on new ones, but I hear itís a while! So I ordered some F-250 shock towers from amazon. Hereís about how it would line up

Also trying to decide on tailgate. Wouldnít mind converting mine to drop down like a CJ but I feel those kits are over priced. But motobilt did send me a spacer plate for the tailgate so last resort Iíll end up drilling out for that. Got the holes drilled for my maxbilt Trail tail lights. Only problem is they packaged two pass sides. The marker lights are both on the right. Messaged them Friday night and they asked for the pic and my mailing address so idk how they are going to handle it just yet. But they look great!

Last edited by Drew01taco; 02-04-2018 at 05:32 PM.

City
    Greenville
    State
    SC
    How wide is your tailgate opening? I think it would be sweet to use a CJ tailgate for a little vintage touch. I can measure the width of my CJ5 gate. But if the CJ gate isn't wide enough I wonder if you could narrow down the tailgate from a J10 to fit it.

You like how I give complicated suggestions to others, but I can't make time to do simple things on my own rig?

City
    Cayce
    State
    SC
    Quote Originally Posted by Cj104 View Post
    How wide is your tailgate opening? I think it would be sweet to use a CJ tailgate for a little vintage touch. I can measure the width of my CJ5 gate. But if the CJ gate isn't wide enough I wonder if you could narrow down the tailgate from a J10 to fit it.

You like how I give complicated suggestions to others, but I can't make time to do simple things on my own rig?
    Swagg offroad makes a file down tailgate kit.
    The price is kinda high. I can check with my buddy in the upstate. I sent him a few DFX files about a month ago, and one of them was for TJ folding tailgate mounting plates.
    Last edited by GREASEMONKEY; 02-06-2018 at 11:26 AM.
    Po Pimpin in my beat up Jeep, ridin round on $2 of gas like I'm da President.

City
    Anderson
    State
    sc
    Quote Originally Posted by Cj104 View Post

A CJ-7 tailgate should be the correct size shape to fit the best.
    01 Sahara, stuff.

91 Comanche more stuff

79 J20 with a 5.9L Cummins

old man at tellico-"your front wheels werent turning coming up through there"
    me- "thats cause i was in 2"
    old man at tellico- "oh''

City
    Greenwood
    State
    SC
    You don't necessarily need a kit to do it. Its super easy. I just used the CJ hinges, some nutserts(I have an installation tool you can borrow) and a piece of aluminum across the whole backside below tailgate. Savvy may even sell that aluminum piece. Mines even rocking the CJ Latches.
    #oscarisaliveanddoingwell
    #hillkillingsux
    #marcuscountsrockbouncersinhissleep

City
    Greenwood
    State
    SC
    Quote Originally Posted by VOLT View Post
    You don't necessarily need a kit to do it. Its super easy. I just used the CJ hinges, some nutserts(I have an installation tool you can borrow) and a piece of aluminum across the whole backside below tailgate. Savvy may even sell that aluminum piece. Mines even rocking the CJ Latches.
    Yeah Iíve thought about that and looked on eBay and Amazon for some CJ hinges, cables and brackets that go inside the tailgate. Do yíall think the stock latch will hold the tailgate enough on the drivers side? I need to be able to open it from outside cause I have a hard top. But then again I may just pop the 4 holes in my corner armor for the tailgate hinges to be reinstalled

Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst ... 45678 LastLast