December 8-10th MCJ @ Uwharrie Christmas Crawl

Cabin Rental is complete.

Meet Friday morning at Waffle House in Camden.

$80 per person covers the cabin, 3 meals, trail passes.

Post up any questions.

LBarr2002

LIFETIME
SUPPORTER
We will be leaving from the I20 exit 92 waffle house at 8:00.

We will not be able to get in to the lodge property until 3:00 on Friday. We can unload trailered rigs at the double parking lot on Rocky Mountain trail (which is on the way to the lodge).

There are only a couple beds left in the cabin so if you want to go let me know ASAP. Linens are not provided so bring sheets, sleeping bags, pillows, towels, etc.

Who can bring some firewood?

Printable trail map available here: https://nc4x4.com/forum/threads/current-uwharrie-trail-maps-up-to-date.80426/

LBarr2002

LIFETIME
SUPPORTER
Slight change of plans. Burgundy and the kids are just coming up for the day, so everyone who has contacted me will have a bed in the cabin.

Remember, no linens provided and all beds are twin. Bring sheets, blanket, pillow, sleeping bag, or whatever you want to sleep on, and towels.

WolfGT

LIFETIME
SUPPORTER
Hey all, we would like to come just for Saturday (Jennifer's Jeep). Can someone let me know when and where to meet Saturday morning to go out with the group?

LBarr2002

LIFETIME
SUPPORTER
Hey all, we would like to come just for Saturday (Jennifer's Jeep). Can someone let me know when and where to meet Saturday morning to go out with the group?
We will be at the Oak Lodge (Haltwanger Retreat), or the Cotton Place (Daniel) trail head, or somewhere in between. We're cooking breakfast Saturday morning so I imagine it will be 9:00ish before we get on our way to the trail.

I'm really looking forward to this, just have a few last minute things to clean up on the jeep and it should be ready. Time to pull the grease gun out.

LBarr2002

LIFETIME
SUPPORTER
I'm really looking forward to this, just have a few last minute things to clean up on the jeep and it should be ready. Time to pull the grease gun out.
I have to put Bennett's seat in and should be ready to roll.

Supposed to be 24 here Saturday night, glad we're not camping.

Despite the weather forecast, I am really looking forward to this trip. The truck is full of gas, hooked to the trailer, TJ is on the trailer, and cooler is pre-cooling. I think I might bring a coat...or two.

LBarr2002

LIFETIME
SUPPORTER
Despite the weather forecast, I am really looking forward to this trip. The truck is full of gas, hooked to the trailer, TJ is on the trailer, and cooler is pre-cooling. I think I might bring a coat...or two.
TJ? I thought Jeepzilla was coming out of hiding?

Jeepzilla is indeed out of hiding, i saw it with my own eyes. I don't think the heater works as well as the TJ. Not quite as waterproof. This trip has the makings of one of those epic trips. Looking forward to this one.

LBarr2002

LIFETIME
SUPPORTER
Jeepzilla is indeed out of hiding, i saw it with my own eyes. I don't think the heater works as well as the TJ. Not quite as waterproof. This trip has the makings of one of those epic trips. Looking forward to this one.
Oh I understand. I'll be enjoying my hard top.

WolfGT

LIFETIME
SUPPORTER
Well, Tuesday I got hit by a pretty bad bug and it took me a couple days to get rid of the fever. I'm recovering but I don't think I'm going to put myself out in the cold for a day after all that. Looks like I'm going to miss this one. Have fun.

LBarr2002

LIFETIME
SUPPORTER
A bunch of pictures and video have been posted on the MCJ Facebook page. Hopefully we'll get a full trip report up here soon.

We had a couple people on this trip that didn't get introduced to everyone, sorry about that. Here's the rundown of who was there:
-Larry, Red LJ
-Dick, Zucoma
-Brooks, Red TJ
-David and Allie, Black JKU Rubicon
-Chris and Kevin, Green TJ
-Mike, Black TJ Rubicon
-Michael and Zane, Blue XJ
-Jim and Faith, Black TJ
-Kent and Dale, Red JKU Rubicon
-Jody, White TJ
-Miller, White TJ
-Hal and son, Green CJ