“Hatari” cj7

After selling my cj7 6 years ago, I’ve been on the hunt for another one. I have finally gotten my cj7, brought it home today. It’s not complete, but the body is perfect, going to take my time and build a simple old school trail rig. Planning on running a 4.3 TBI and turbo 350 trans, Dana 30 front and 8.25 rear, and 33” tires

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

After selling my cj7 6 years ago, I’ve been on the hunt for another one. I have finally gotten my cj7, brought it home today. It’s not complete, but the body is perfect, going to take my time and build a simple old school trail rig. Planning on running a 4.3 TBI and turbo 350 trans, Dana 30 front and 8.25 rear, and 33” tires

dual frames mod, like a body lift on an XJ. is that another CJ frame?

Cool, that tub was in nice shape. Would be a shame to hack it up.

My Wife's uncle was the guy in the passenger seat in the film. He has never-ending stories on making that movie and I believe it was some of his fondest memories.

2879801ba09a0d86a59212c3e18bcb09_f44.jpg

Cool, that tub was in nice shape. Would be a shame to hack it up.

My Wife's uncle was the guy in the passenger seat in the film. He has never-ending stories on making that movie and I believe it was some of his fondest memories.

2879801ba09a0d86a59212c3e18bcb09_f44.jpg
That’s awesome, it’s a great movie, this jeep spent it’s life on a hunt club, that’s the reason for the name

I picked up a steering column and gear box from pull a part the other day, out of a 87 Camaro. I do want to build me a steering box brace still. Also started mocking the axles up, sense I’m going to use wide track axles I had to do some clearance grinding on the third member to make room for the spring saddle. I had planned on doing a spring over, but after putting the axles in place and measuring it will be 7 1/2” over stock + a 1” body lift is just to high. So back to spring under