Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Upstate machine shop suggestions? For engine work

City
    greenwood
    State
    SC
    Cme is a top notch place, I worked there a few months right out of high school. I was in the assembly room. I built 2 sbc before lunch and 2 more after lunch. It was great experience.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

City
    Hartsville
    State
    SC
    Quote Originally Posted by 250f4life View Post
    Cme is a top notch place, I worked there a few months right out of high school. I was in the assembly room. I built 2 sbc before lunch and 2 more after lunch. It was great experience.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    I've always heard this and I believe Lenny here in Hartsville put one of their "high torque" 4.0's into someone's wrangler over here. I want to know more info about LBarr's experience. Specifically what motor and what issues there were.

Quote Originally Posted by LBarr2002 View Post
    They've done 2 engines for us, both had issues... maybe they were both Friday jobs...

City
    batesburg, leesville
    State
    SC
    Larry's experience was actually my and my dad's motors. A Toyota 22r that they machined everything to very loose tolerances. It runs and hasn't given problems but there's probably no chance of any more machine work. The other was a Chevy lt1 that my dad went over all the details with them on what parts here wanted and what he expected and they used cheap parts and the wrong valve springs and rockers for the motor. Valve springs broke on startup and they didn't want to admit to it. I've heard a lot of good things about CME but two failures is enough for me.

SUPPORTER
    City
    Greenville
    State
    SC
    Quote Originally Posted by ddbarr4 View Post
    Larry's experience was actually my and my dad's motors. A Toyota 22r that they machined everything to very loose tolerances. It runs and hasn't given problems but there's probably no chance of any more machine work. The other was a Chevy lt1 that my dad went over all the details with them on what parts here wanted and what he expected and they used cheap parts and the wrong valve springs and rockers for the motor. Valve springs broke on startup and they didn't want to admit to it. I've heard a lot of good things about CME but two failures is enough for me.
    Your nice. One bad one and I am usually out. Way to much money invested for someone to screw it up and not admit to a mistake. Screw ups happen. Owning up to it is rare.

City
    Anderson
    State
    sc
    We've had great experience with them for the last 10 years. We previously used Jasper. We've bought & installed a dozen or so jeep engines from them and installed plenty more that the customer dealt directly with them. With that said we will probably no longer deal with them after our most recent experience.

I won't elaborate on that here but if someone wants to know how they handle their warranties feel free to contact me outside of the public forum. (their google reviews will give you an idea)
    01 Sahara, stuff.

91 Comanche more stuff

79 J20 with a 5.9L Cummins

old man at tellico-"your front wheels werent turning coming up through there"
    me- "thats cause i was in 2"
    old man at tellico- "oh''

City
    Hartsville
    State
    SC
    That is very disheartening. I know I will need help on engine rebuilding in the future and hoped they would be referred to as reliable.

City
    Hodges
    State
    SC
    Give Jimmy Taylor at Taylor Machine in Gray Court a call. He does good work.
    Harvard

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12