Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: LM4 5.3L and 4L60E swap into 2004 LJ

City
    Leesville
    State
    SC
    I just talked to the guy that's going to do the harness. I need to get going and pull the harness off the motor so hopefully I can get it to him over Thanksgiving.

He also confirmed that tow/haul can be done and will include the wire for it.
    Last edited by LBarr2002; 10-30-2018 at 04:04 PM.
    '04 LJ Sleeper

City
    Leesville
    State
    SC
    Accomplished pretty much nothing I had planned for the weekend. Had family in town wed-fri night, two sick kids, and a surprise new Christmas tree shopping venture today... starting to question how anyone with kids gets anything done.

It did get a few minutes to start stripping the motor of parts I won't need and disconnecting the harness to get it sent off, but didn't get far.
    '04 LJ Sleeper

City
    Beech Island
    State
    SC
    Quote Originally Posted by LBarr2002 View Post
    ...starting to question how anyone with kids gets anything done.
    We don't.

City
    Seneca
    State
    SC
    Accomplished pretty much nothing I had planned for the weekend. Had family in town wed-fri night, two sick kids, and a surprise new Christmas tree shopping venture today... starting to question how anyone with kids gets anything done.

It did get a few minutes to start stripping the motor of parts I won't need and disconnecting the harness to get it sent off, but didn't get far.
    This is when you start thinking about paying someone to do the work.....OR you just neglect the family and "get things done". If you neglect the family enough you'll have plenty of time to
    do whatever you want, but that divorce lawyer will get most of the money you could have paid towards jeep work.

City
    Leesville
    State
    SC
    Quote Originally Posted by Shilohsho View Post
    This is when you start thinking about paying someone to do the work.....OR you just neglect the family and "get things done". If you neglect the family enough you'll have plenty of time to
    do whatever you want, but that divorce lawyer will get most of the money you could have paid towards jeep work.
    Yep... Burgundy actually asked about having someone else do it. I really don't want to though because I want to know that it's done how I would do it, and know how to fix it of something goes wrong. Also, it would at least double the cost...
    '04 LJ Sleeper

City
    Hodges
    State
    SC

Man, I don't get anything done anymore and I have no kids. Don't feel bad. My Jeep hasn't been touched since March. I hope to get motivation soon and be ready for Harlan in April.
    Harvard

City
    Leesville
    State
    SC
    Actually made some progress today. Got the harness pulled and the tcase off. Now to get the harness sent off.

Next time I get to work on it, need to remove the front diff and clean...

20181202_161839.jpg

20181202_161830.jpg
    '04 LJ Sleeper

City
    Leesville
    State
    SC
    I also put the back seat, car seats, and hardtop back on yesterday then took it for a drive. I decided to go ahead and do some highly scientific (stopwatch on my phone) performance tests. With 3/4 tank of fuel it clicked of a blistering 0-60 time of...

14.3 seconds.
    '04 LJ Sleeper

City
    Hodges
    State
    SC
    Man, you would have been a solid contestant in mine and Jimbo's slow off we had between the Barbie Jeep and his old Lexus.
    Harvard

City
    Leesville
    State
    SC
    Harness shipped Tuesday to a guy in the upstate Charles recommended. Computer going to Charles today.

Ordered LS1 pan, windage tray,dipstick, tube, and pickup this morning.

May try to get the radiator ordered today and that will be all the big stuff ready.
    '04 LJ Sleeper

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast