Page 50 of 56 FirstFirst ... 404849505152 ... LastLast

Thread: What did you do to your rig Today? V2.0

City
    Beech Island
    State
    SC
    Quote Originally Posted by GPWMike View Post
    High beams before and after I did the "Tripp mod" to my headlights.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk
    So what is the "Tripp Mod?"

Sent from my SM-J320P using Tapatalk

City
    Lexington
    State
    SC
    Here is the link to the post. For anyone interested I have an extra set of the ceramic plugs that can be had cheap.

http://www.offroadsc.com/showthread....ight=Headlight

City
    Beech Island
    State
    SC
    Okay, now I know what you are talking about. I was really thinking about doing it with the 100/80 watt bulbs and heavier gauge harness for my truck with 9007 bulbs, but I was concerned with blinding people and bulb life.

Any feedback regarding those concerns from you or Tripp will be welcomed and appreciated.

City
    Cayce
    State
    SC
    Quote Originally Posted by billoftt View Post
    Okay, now I know what you are talking about. I was really thinking about doing it with the 100/80 watt bulbs and heavier gauge harness for my truck with 9007 bulbs, but I was concerned with blinding people and bulb life.

Any feedback regarding those concerns from you or Tripp will be welcomed and appreciated.

Biggest concern now days is DOT approved lighting. Police are pulling people they think have brighter than legal lights and inspecting for DOT stamp on housings, or asking for DOT papers on HID, or composite kits.
    I've been harassed about my legal TruckLite LED lights, and they have the DOT stamp.

The ticket can vary by the way it's written.
    Improper or modified equipment is a much bigger ticket than one for bright lighting someone.
    Careful what your doing with lighting, as the police are getting picky about what they will accept. I've even seen some new Chevrolet trucks getting tickets for headlights, and the owner having to go to court over the OE headlights! Dropped of course, but it's time, and aggravation you have to deal with.
    Po Pimpin in my beat up Jeep, ridin round on $2 of gas like I'm da President.

City
    Cayce
    State
    SC
    New cross drilled & slotted cryo. dipped rotors, front and rear. SUV carbon racing pads, new E-brake shoes. Replaced damaged rear locker indicator switch. Flushed brake system, and replaced front lines.

City
    Greenville
    State
    SC
    Spent the afternoon tearing down and pulling the engine from a Subaru. My neighbor.

Then got my tire carrier mounted for good. Too dark to take pictures. I still need to put the tire on it. When I do that tomorrow Iíll get pics.

Added a Sirius radio to the Jeep. It is a portable that I have docks for the Jeep and shop. So I just move it back and forth.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
    This hobby begins as a search for the perfect setup, then gradually becomes the never ending discovery of the weakest link.
    Greg

City
    Leesville
    State
    SC
    My jeep prep for DBBB has consisted of charging the battery and packing my recovery gear back up since it was still scattered from Uwharrie.

The important task was fixing the brakes on Dj's trailer. When we came back in from Windrock they were acting up. Turns out one of the connections were finger twisted and duct taped. This was the 2nd worst connection.
    20180218_111224.jpg

Apparently whoever wired this trailer didn't have butt connectors, so used scotchloks everywhere. Brakes all cleaned up. I didn't mess with the lights because they still work.
    20180218_121057.jpg

Also redid the grounds and tightened ubolts that were really loose.
    '04 LJ Sleeper

City
    Cayce
    State
    SC
    Quote Originally Posted by LBarr2002 View Post
    My jeep prep for DBBB has consisted of charging the battery and packing my recovery gear back up since it was still scattered from Uwharrie.

The important task was fixing the brakes on Dj's trailer. When we came back in from Windrock they were acting up. Turns out one of the connections were finger twisted and duct taped. This was the 2nd worst connection.
    20180218_111224.jpg

Apparently whoever wired this trailer didn't have butt connectors, so used scotchloks everywhere. Brakes all cleaned up. I didn't mess with the lights because they still work.
    20180218_121057.jpg

Also redid the grounds and tightened ubolts that were really loose.
    We got guys at work that are notorious for prolific use of scotch locks. I've seen them make a repair to a damaged wire so many times there's one about every 6in.
    Or they pile them on everything to tap this & that. It ends up looking like this.

City
    Greenville
    State
    SC
    Tire mounted. I put it on the underside of the bracket. I may flip it tomorrow. Iím going to sleep on it.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
    This hobby begins as a search for the perfect setup, then gradually becomes the never ending discovery of the weakest link.
    Greg

SUPPORTER
    City
    Greenville
    State
    SC
    Picked up a set of 5 stock rubicon wheels and tires for the JK, $200! Tires look great, rears 60% or so, fronts 40ish. New spare, gonna buy another new tire and put the spare on the front. Pretty pleased with that deal. Also removed all carpet and hosed the entire thing out on the inside. Digging the no carpet look a lot, though it does have a little more motor noise.

Page 50 of 56 FirstFirst ... 404849505152 ... LastLast