Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
Results 11 to 20 of 38

Thread: Lil Cootah' #boulderwheelin

  1. #11
    SUPPORTER LBarr2002's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    City
    Leesville
    State
    SC
    Posts
    3,783
    Quote Originally Posted by Ghost View Post
    Yea there is a newer efi motor guys swap in but IDK much about it. A good friend had a sami he built and it would crawl like no tomorrow.... He went up Cream Puff in Harlan with it......
    Most common swaps are 1.6 8v or 1.6 16v from sidekick/tracker, or the 2.0. But, since this one already has a 22r, swapping to 22re is the way to go. You don't have to swap the block either if it's in good shape, you just need the top end, harness, computer, and fuel delivery.
    '04 LJ Sleeper

  2. #12

    Join Date
    May 2013
    City
    batesburg, leesville
    State
    SC
    Posts
    80
    Quote Originally Posted by LBarr2002 View Post
    Most common swaps are 1.6 8v or 1.6 16v from sidekick/tracker, or the 2.0. But, since this one already has a 22r, swapping to 22re is the way to go. You don't have to swap the block either if it's in good shape, you just need the top end, harness, computer, and fuel delivery.
    You don't even have to change the head. You need intake, computer, and harness plus a few little pieces to do EFI swap on a 22r.

  3. #13

    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    City
    Hartsville
    State
    SC
    Posts
    621
    Quote Originally Posted by ddbarr4 View Post
    You don't even have to change the head. You need intake, computer, and harness plus a few little pieces to do EFI swap on a 22r.
    what years? Would it be easily found at Pull a Part in Columbia?

  4. #14
    SUPPORTER matth_85's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    City
    Hodges
    State
    SC
    Posts
    5,293
    Quote Originally Posted by Ghost View Post
    what years? Would it be easily found at Pull a Part in Columbia?
    87-95 came with 22RE IIRC. You can probably hit Craigslist and find what you need. The info for cutting down the harness is out there, but you'll have to dig a little.
    Harvard

  5. #15

    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    City
    Hartsville
    State
    SC
    Posts
    621
    Quote Originally Posted by matth_85 View Post
    87-95 came with 22RE IIRC. You can probably hit Craigslist and find what you need. The info for cutting down the harness is out there, but you'll have to dig a little.
    I was asking for him but I find this kind of info interesting.

  6. #16

    Join Date
    May 2013
    City
    batesburg, leesville
    State
    SC
    Posts
    80
    If you can find a complete fuel injected truck or 4runner you will have everything you need plus an ifs rear axle. I bought a complete truck with bad motor for $800 so it's worth hunting for.

  7. #17

    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    City
    greenwood
    State
    SC
    Posts
    953
    Don't waste your money on converting to an Re motor. Still be a turd. If you have a W56 behind 22r just do a 3rz swap. Very simple and the bellhousing from the Rz will bolt on the W56 trans. Just move the motor mounts.


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

  8. #18
    SUPPORTER 88XJROX's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2016
    City
    Greenwood
    State
    SC
    Posts
    216
    I love all the info. I'm gonna stick with the 22r and a big boy winch! Spent my money on the Jeep. This thing is just my beater! That's what I bought it for. The xj is a stud even with the shot motor! Just not ready for Oscar so plan B is this little turtle! Plus; I got a buddy that is worried about emp's so I'll keep at least one prepper truck I guess! Lol. #sentbytheciathroughsomedudesfillingsinhismouth


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

  9. #19
    SUPPORTER 88XJROX's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2016
    City
    Greenwood
    State
    SC
    Posts
    216



    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

  10. #20
    SUPPORTER VOLT's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    City
    Greenwood
    State
    SC
    Posts
    2,163
    Why did you raise it up?
    #oscarisaliveanddoingwell
    #hillkillingsux
    #marcuscountsrockbouncersinhissleep

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

Clubs, Vendor Tools vBulletin Plugins by Drive Thru Online, Inc.