Lil Cootah' #boulderwheelin

Ok guys need some helpful knowledge. I bought this little rig real cheap! It's a Suzuki samurai frame stretched in the front with a 3 link rear! It's on 5 lug Toyota axles with a rebuilt 22R and Toyota auto tranny.

Looks well built!
Question? Does anyone know what bolt patter the Yota 4x4 axles with only 5 lugs is? I'd like to run my spyderlock 5 on 4.5's on it if possible!!!
The plan is to put a GotPropane kit on it this week. Any better suggestions???
Any help would be appreciated!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

LBarr2002

LIFETIME
SUPPORTER
Didn't think there were 5 lug Toyota 4 wheel drives? Sure it's not sami axles? They're basically smaller Toyotas. If so, it's 5x5.5.

I wouldn't mess with propane. Weber carb, or EFI.

Didn't think there were 5 lug Toyota 4 wheel drives? Sure it's not sami axles? They're basically smaller Toyotas. If so, it's 5x5.5.

I wouldn't mess with propane. Weber carb, or EFI.
Two wheel drive Toyotas are five lug 5x4.5 but that doesn't explain a five lug Toyota front axle. I'd go Weber or EFI propane works if it's right but is expensive and can be a pain.

I would just beat on it like that, unless you want to upgrade the sammy axles to toyota so that you can really beat on it. I might know someone interested in the sammy axles if you decide to swap them out. The 22R and carb work pretty well. If you are going to pony up to change to anything from the carb go ahead and motor swap to a newer EFI motor. Unless you can grab a propane kit off an old forklift for super cheap. Downside of propane is that it is a bitch to tune so that you don't stink.

Thanks for all the advice. Gonna keep it carbureted. They are 5 on 5. Gonna put adapters on and run these

Putting a 12k lb winch up front! $200 at Harbor Freight!!
This will be my rig for Oscar!!!

Yea there is a newer efi motor guys swap in but IDK much about it. A good friend had a sami he built and it would crawl like no tomorrow.... He went up Cream Puff in Harlan with it......

Yea there is a newer efi motor guys swap in but IDK much about it. A good friend had a sami he built and it would crawl like no tomorrow.... He went up Cream Puff in Harlan with it......
Well this will be my Oscar rig so we will see what she can do!

LBarr2002

LIFETIME
SUPPORTER
Most common swaps are 1.6 8v or 1.6 16v from sidekick/tracker, or the 2.0. But, since this one already has a 22r, swapping to 22re is the way to go. You don't have to swap the block either if it's in good shape, you just need the top end, harness, computer, and fuel delivery.

Most common swaps are 1.6 8v or 1.6 16v from sidekick/tracker, or the 2.0. But, since this one already has a 22r, swapping to 22re is the way to go. You don't have to swap the block either if it's in good shape, you just need the top end, harness, computer, and fuel delivery.
You don't even have to change the head. You need intake, computer, and harness plus a few little pieces to do EFI swap on a 22r.

If you can find a complete fuel injected truck or 4runner you will have everything you need plus an ifs rear axle. I bought a complete truck with bad motor for $800 so it's worth hunting for.

Don't waste your money on converting to an Re motor. Still be a turd. If you have a W56 behind 22r just do a 3rz swap. Very simple and the bellhousing from the Rz will bolt on the W56 trans. Just move the motor mounts.

I love all the info. I'm gonna stick with the 22r and a big boy winch! Spent my money on the Jeep. This thing is just my beater! That's what I bought it for. The xj is a stud even with the shot motor! Just not ready for Oscar so plan B is this little turtle! Plus; I got a buddy that is worried about emp's so I'll keep at least one prepper truck I guess! Lol. #sentbytheciathroughsomedudesfillingsinhismouth