Wedding bands.

As a active guy, asking other active guys... Im trying to decide what material i want to go with.

Tungsten Carbide
Titanium
Gold

Pro/Cons... Leaning to the Tungsten Carbide, I sorta like the idea of it shattering over smashing...

I have a band I wear out that's Tungsten and has patina'd copper, turquoise, and elk antler on top. It's very fragile and not supposed to have chemicals or water on it. So, I wear a QALO style band every day and when doing anything other than going out

This was something i was considering as well. Nice one and a Everyday one...

I have a band I wear out that's Tungsten and has patina'd copper, turquoise, and elk antler on top. It's very fragile and not supposed to have chemicals or water on it. So, I wear a QALO style band every day and when doing anything other than going out

Gold errryy day SON!! I never notice it unless I'm using a sledge hammer for more than a few minutes, but that's not in my typical routine these days. I'm also left handed which is the hand I swing hammers etc with....
Annnnnnddd push pencils with mostly these days.

But seriously, I've worn gold for the past 14 years in all kinds of construction and never put thought into any of the others.

My old man doesnt leave the house without a watch, gold Clemson ring and gold wedding band... So i hear yah...

Gold errryy day SON!! I never notice it unless I'm using a sledge hammer for more than a few minutes, but that's not in my typical routine these days. I'm also left handed which is the hand I swing hammers etc with....
Annnnnnddd push pencils with mostly these days.

But seriously, I've worn gold for the past 14 years in all kinds of construction and never put thought into any of the others.

I smashed my hand a few years ago and bent my gold band to the point that it broke. I now have a titanium one and thinking about one of the silicone type bands.

I went Titanium. I wanted tungston at first, but then found out they can't cut it off in the emergency room if something goes wrong. With all my work on cars and machine equipment I said it wasn't worth the risk. I don't plan on getting my hand wrapped up in something but I want then to get the ring off if they need to.

LBarr2002

LIFETIME
SUPPORTER
I went Titanium. I wanted tungston at first, but then found out they can't cut it off in the emergency room if something goes wrong. With all my work on cars and machine equipment I said it wasn't worth the risk. I don't plan on getting my hand wrapped up in something but I want then to get the ring off if they need to.
Yes. I was told they cut off your finger instead of the ring... rings are replaceable, fingers not so much.

Mine is 14k white gold. It was Shiney and polished when new, now it looks satin finish (scratches and small dings).

The most important thing is the reason you wear it! I prefer gold, but I'm old, and old fashioned. I wore out my first one in 10 years, but the replacement has lasted just shy of 24 years. (so far)
Like Larry's, mine has dulled over the decades, but the jeweler makes it look new in minutes. Considering the abuse that I have given it turning wrenches, it still looks good and CAN be cut off if necessary!

Traditional gold band. I've had it polished once in 3.5 years and it looks a lot older then it is. I take it off if I'm doing a lot of welding or electrical work. I had a qalo ring but it stretched after not much use and I lost it in cutting oil one day, I'm a little harder on things then most.

Not to scare you, but someone told me about this recently. Crazy story http://www.latimes.com/entertainmen...ger-surgery-ring-avulsion-20150714-story.html

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Yeah, Apparently all he did was get it caught while falling in his kitchen... opened him up like a sausage.

Traditional gold band. I've had it polished once in 3.5 years and it looks a lot older then it is. I take it off if I'm doing a lot of welding or electrical work. I had a qalo ring but it stretched after not much use and I lost it in cutting oil one day, I'm a little harder on things then most.

Not to scare you, but someone told me about this recently. Crazy story http://www.latimes.com/entertainmen...ger-surgery-ring-avulsion-20150714-story.html

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I have tungsten, ebay purchase for like $6 if I remember correctly. I bought 2 at the time because I wanted to see what it would take to get it off in an emergency. It shattered pretty easily with a hammer. That said I am considering a tattoo as I have snagged my ring a few times and I am still pretty uneasy about it.

I think most people are just over thinking and analyzing it too much. I have a t.c ring and wear it 98% of the time. If I'm planning to work in the garage or I am doing yard work I take it off. But usually I don't even realize its on and never notice its on the entire time I was working.