Uwharrie National Forest - Troy, NC - Trail Map by Southeast Overland

Y'all might not know that I'm a professional cartographer - and I love to map trail systems. The most recent map I've finished (well, finished for the time being) is of the Uwharrie National Forest ORV trail system.

::disclaimer:: All maps made by Southeast Overland are free for anyone to use for non-commercial purposes, and the maps may not be modified in any way. I'm also not responsible if you get lost, flop your junk, get shot by Granny with her rock salt shotgun, etc... :hnd:

Click HERE to go to the SEO Map Page and download a copy of the map.

If you see any changes that need to be made please let me know!

Thanks!

Last edited:
Did you know a new/old trail might get reopened? Do not remember the name though. Also they will be rerouting Sawmill bc of an archaeological dig. Nice map.

Did you know a new/old trail might get reopened? Do not remember the name though. Also they will be rerouting Sawmill bc of an archaeological dig. Nice map.
I heard that some trails were going to be rerouted. The trail (line) data I used in the map came directly from the USFS. I proofed a good bit of it about a month ago at the Uwharrie Safari (a Rover event) that SEO sponsored. The trail lines were pretty good but not perfect. The map is easy to update so if you get word or see any changes on the ground please let me know and I'll modify the map.

One note I thought might be interesting. When I am at uwharrie I have always made a note on the map of which way is the "up" direction for a few trails like daniel and dutch john. It makes it easier when planning routes for a day to know which way you would prefer to run the trails. Might be an interesting addition to make to the map.

i know how in the mornings at Uwharrie everyone likes to go to the boondocks grill for breakfast... well we made a trip there this past weekend and our plans were to eat breakfast there in the morning at boondocks and it turns out it is no longer open for business. it has a for sale sign on the door and im going to miss those hissy fits dammit!!

yeah it does suck! and yeah we ended up eating food at the outpost that both mornings. but hopefully something reopens there because they had decent food at boondocks

There looks to be a restaurant or bar down past where you turn off to go to Yates Place like going into Troy on 109. Do not know if they are open for breakfast.

Y'all might not know that I'm a professional cartographer - and I love to map trail systems. The most recent map I've finished (well, finished for the time being) is of the Uwharrie National Forest ORV trail system.

::disclaimer:: All maps made by Southeast Overland are free for anyone to use for non-commercial purposes, and the maps may not be modified in any way. I'm also not responsible if you get lost, flop your junk, get shot by Granny with her rock salt shotgun, etc... :hnd:

Click HERE to go to the SEO Map Page and download a copy of the map.

If you see any changes that need to be made please let me know!

Thanks!
Hey Steve, or Ryan, the link to the maps no longer works.

One note I thought might be interesting. When I am at uwharrie I have always made a note on the map of which way is the "up" direction for a few trails like daniel and dutch john. It makes it easier when planning routes for a day to know which way you would prefer to run the trails. Might be an interesting addition to make to the map.
You don't need the arrows., Southeast has used the contour map as the background just read the contours and you will know if you are climbing or descending in the direction you plan to travel.