88 XJ 2 Dr 5spd

I'm partial but Ironman4x4fab in NC makes some awesome steering stuff. Cross braces and trackbar tie in stuff. If I were to build a street-able wheel-able xj I'd have long arms and properly tuned shocks and shackle relocation boxes on the rear.

I'm partial but Ironman4x4fab in NC makes some awesome steering stuff. Cross braces and trackbar tie in stuff. If I were to build a street-able wheel-able xj I'd have long arms and properly tuned shocks and shackle relocation boxes on the rear.
Just looked at their site. Parts look really well made and super strong. Thanks for the heads up

Just looked at their site. Parts look really well made and super strong. Thanks for the heads up
Yea Andy is a great guy and his biggest problem is you only order from him once..... they last and the they a beating and he will stand behind anything you buy.

28f57d62efbb400f3f1a65aa54b53dbb.jpg

I'm liking this

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Anyone modified XJ doors for easy off?? Planning to reverse hinge one door pin on each door so that they lift right up! Any advice?

Anyone modified XJ doors for easy off?? Planning to reverse hinge one door pin on each door so that they lift right up! Any advice?

I removed the roll pin on mine and replaced them with a grade 8 bolt. 2 door doors are very heavy....

I have done it on quite a few xj doors. The way that I have done it is by leaving the pin intact and cutting the bottom of the hinge. Then, I cut about a quarter inch off of the lower hinge pin and grind a slight taper on the bottom of both hinge pins. This makes it easier to put the door back on because you get the top pin started in and can then line
up the bottom easily. On the driver's side, the pins are pressed in from the top, whereas on the passenger door, they are usually pressed in from the bottom. This is easily overcome by tack welding the pin at the top after you cut the hinge. If you have power windows and locks, there is a connector behind the kick panel that will allow you to disconnect. You can remove the pin from the door stay and drop a bolt through to keep o
it intact.

I have done it on quite a few xj doors. The way that I have done it is by leaving the pin intact and cutting the bottom of the hinge. Then, I cut about a quarter inch off of the lower hinge pin and grind a slight taper on the bottom of both hinge pins. This makes it easier to put the door back on because you get the top pin started in and can then line
up the bottom easily. On the driver's side, the pins are pressed in from the top, whereas on the passenger door, they are usually pressed in from the bottom. This is easily overcome by tack welding the pin at the top after you cut the hinge. If you have power windows and locks, there is a connector behind the kick panel that will allow you to disconnect. You can remove the pin from the door stay and drop a bolt through to keep o
it intact.
Thanks. Do you remove hinge from door(unbolt) and mark all shims first?

Thanks. Do you remove hinge from door(unbolt) and mark all shims first?

I think I had to remove the hinge from the door or from the unibody in order to cut the bottom of the hinge off. I just put the shims back as they came off.