Hypothetical Tire Purchase talk

Assume you were getting tires in the next few weeks for your daily driver that you also wheel......What would you buy? 35-37's, not competition compound.

I passed four test trucks likely running the KM3's today. I will hopefully catch them at hot spot this week and sneak a picture.

WolfGT

LIFETIME
SUPPORTER
I only have experience with the KM2's. I have enjoyed them. I have had them in both 35 and 37. I currently run 37's. If you take care of them and your setup, they run the same on the road. But any tire that large (35 or 37) are hard to keep running well on the road if you wheel them. One trip on the rocks will take them out of balance. I used to run beads in the 35's. They did good for a while, but after that, they didn't help much.

Also, a side note, I have never ran them but have always thought the Mickey Thompson Baja Claw looked like a nice tire. Maybe someone has some experience with it.

I bought a 37" Falken wildpeak that I've been using to test fit on my early bronco. I can't say anything about the performance cause it's just been sitting around the shop but I know they spent years developing them and they've used them on the UA a couple years. I just liked the tread pattern because it has a retro look. I talked to one of the Michelin test engineers last year when I had training there and he seemed to think the km3 was gonna come out in 2017.

No opinion to contribute, but i'm glad you asked the question. I will likely be buying a set of 35s for the Commando at some point this year. I have been considering KM2s and MTRs. I guess I'll start watching carefully for the KM3s.

My other decision is whether to stick with the old 15" steel wheels or to step up to 17" wheels...

Any thoughts on the Nitto's?

I haven't made any conclusions about them but I feel like they deserve some kind of discussion if only because of ALL THE MONEY THEY SPEND ON MARKETING THEM. Man, they spend a ton of money in advertising and seem to have made a dent in the JK market.

My Cooper STT's have done fine. On the trail they have done well too...any problems that I've had on the trail seem to be from the driver, not the tire's abilities.

I absolutely love my Mickey Thompson MTZ3s. They are pretty damn loud on the road but I had BFG all terrains before so I would assume any mud tires going to be pretty noisy.

I haven't made any conclusions about them but I feel like they deserve some kind of discussion if only because of ALL THE MONEY THEY SPEND ON MARKETING THEM. Man, they spend a ton of money in advertising and seem to have made a dent in the JK market.

My Cooper STT's have done fine. On the trail they have done well too...any problems that I've had on the trail seem to be from the driver, not the tire's abilities.
They would sell more if you bought four and got a flat bill for free... BRAAAAAAPPPPPPPPP

I run 35x12.50x17 Nitto TG on my LJ and I love them so far they are a little on the heavy side but ride great on the road. I also have a set of 37s trail grappler stacked up in the shop to go on something one day.

Im running Km2's on the Cj. Truthfully there were a few tires I would have chosen over the BFG but they were the only ones that made the 33x10.50. I really wanted the Nitto TG. Had them on my Landcruiser and I liked them alot. Good tread pattern and very quiet. But realistically for most of the rigs on this forum when it comes to 33-35 in a Dot mud terrain its really about looks to me. Any of the tires being discussed id say would pretty much all perform equally.