Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: TJ Little to no heat

City
    Anderson
    State
    sc
    I may have missed this, but do you currently have AC now? If not, when you put the new AC evaporator core in keep it sealed until you eventually hook up the AC.
    01 Sahara, stuff.

91 Comanche more stuff

79 J20 with a 5.9L Cummins

old man at tellico-"your front wheels werent turning coming up through there"
    me- "thats cause i was in 2"
    old man at tellico- "oh''

City
    Leesville
    State
    SC
    Finally got a chance to mess with this again. Started the motor, Smoked the belt...Alternator bearing locked up...I have never had a vehicle that costs me so much to just fall apart...

So, Flushed about 10 gallons through the core, I can now get about 140 degree heat out of the vents with a 50 degree outdoor temp. Does this seem right? Im just not sure what sort of performance to expect any more... My modern insulated vehicles have me spoiled.
    Look at the Word Differently - In a World of Talkers, be a thinker and a doer.

City
    Greenwood
    State
    sc
    My tj heat will slap run me out of that thing
    1992 Explorer Build with axles, tires, and bolts
    2007 Lexus GX470 with sliders, roof racks, and tires
    2005 LJ with low gears and poor fuel mileage

City
    Chapin
    State
    SC
    Quote Originally Posted by jimbo92 View Post
    My tj heat will slap run me out of that thing
    agreed, I can't keep my heat on for long or I start cooking.
    --Brooks

City
    Leesville
    State
    SC
    So its not fixed then... At least i didn't get cold on the way to work this morning..

I dont understand... It had plenty of flow i thought... The way i flushed it, if it would have built up any pressure it would have launched the water hose out. Maybe its time for a complete system flush. ... POS....
    Look at the Word Differently - In a World of Talkers, be a thinker and a doer.

City
    Seneca
    State
    SC
    Sounds like you're gonna have to take the box apart to see what's happening in there.

The new vehicles will spoil you for sure.

City
    Anderson
    State
    sc
    I would confirm someone else's temperature coming out of their vents before you tear it all apart. 140* degree air coming out seems decent to me. Even though your engine coolant is 200* the air coming out isn't going to be that hot. I could be wrong though, just like most meteorologists.
    01 Sahara, stuff.

91 Comanche more stuff

79 J20 with a 5.9L Cummins

old man at tellico-"your front wheels werent turning coming up through there"
    me- "thats cause i was in 2"
    old man at tellico- "oh''

City
    Leesville
    State
    SC
    Quote Originally Posted by meaders View Post
    I would confirm someone else's temperature coming out of their vents before you tear it all apart. 140* degree air coming out seems decent to me. Even though your engine coolant is 200* the air coming out isn't going to be that hot. I could be wrong though, just like most meteorologists.
    Agree. I've never checked air temps but 140 is pretty hot. I rode to work comfortably with the controls on defrost, low fan, and temp knob not all the way to hot.
    '04 LJ Sleeper

City
    Aiken
    State
    SC
    Mine gets so hot I can’t comfortably place my hand on the center dash vent if I have it on the hottest setting for long and it will absolutely make your feet sweat like a pig if you run it for long on the bottom vent.

City
    Lexington
    State
    SC
    Quote Originally Posted by highpockets View Post
    Mine gets so hot I can’t comfortably place my hand on the center dash vent if I have it on the hottest setting for long and it will absolutely make your feet sweat like a pig if you run it for long on the bottom vent.
    X2...

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123