TJ Little to no heat

I may have missed this, but do you currently have AC now? If not, when you put the new AC evaporator core in keep it sealed until you eventually hook up the AC.

Finally got a chance to mess with this again. Started the motor, Smoked the belt...Alternator bearing locked up...I have never had a vehicle that costs me so much to just fall apart...

So, Flushed about 10 gallons through the core, I can now get about 140 degree heat out of the vents with a 50 degree outdoor temp. Does this seem right? Im just not sure what sort of performance to expect any more... My modern insulated vehicles have me spoiled.

So its not fixed then... At least i didn't get cold on the way to work this morning..

I dont understand... It had plenty of flow i thought... The way i flushed it, if it would have built up any pressure it would have launched the water hose out. Maybe its time for a complete system flush. ... POS....

I would confirm someone else's temperature coming out of their vents before you tear it all apart. 140* degree air coming out seems decent to me. Even though your engine coolant is 200* the air coming out isn't going to be that hot. I could be wrong though, just like most meteorologists.

LBarr2002

LIFETIME
SUPPORTER
I would confirm someone else's temperature coming out of their vents before you tear it all apart. 140* degree air coming out seems decent to me. Even though your engine coolant is 200* the air coming out isn't going to be that hot. I could be wrong though, just like most meteorologists.
Agree. I've never checked air temps but 140 is pretty hot. I rode to work comfortably with the controls on defrost, low fan, and temp knob not all the way to hot.

Mine gets so hot I can’t comfortably place my hand on the center dash vent if I have it on the hottest setting for long and it will absolutely make your feet sweat like a pig if you run it for long on the bottom vent.