New Bronco

LBarr2002

LIFETIME
SUPPORTER
It hasn't just been April fools, those pics (or similar ) have been circulated for years. If the real thing comes out looking like the concept, that's awesome, but they never do.

Dan, what you said reminds me of what I envision happening:
Thousands of people clamoring for a new Bronco, then Ford making a new Bronco with a base price for $35-40K. Ford not selling as much Broncos as they hoped, then discontinuing the line again.

It's sad, but the only vehicle in that class with staying power is the Jeep Wrangler. Just look at all the others come and gone, the FJ Cruiser (Toyota's FJ series in general, Bronco, Xterra, Blazer, Ramcharger, etc. Even those that did not die off either morphed into Luxury Barges (Land Cruiser, Armada) or into minivans without the sliding doors (Explorere, Pathfinder).

Yeah I try not to get my hopes up when I see all those stories. But I hope if they do make one it doesn't end up being too big for east coast trails like the raptor is.

Dan, what you said reminds me of what I envision happening:
Thousands of people clamoring for a new Bronco, then Ford making a new Bronco with a base price for $35-40K. Ford not selling as much Broncos as they hoped, then discontinuing the line again.

It's sad, but the only vehicle in that class with staying power is the Jeep Wrangler. Just look at all the others come and gone, the FJ Cruiser (Toyota's FJ series in general, Bronco, Xterra, Blazer, Ramcharger, etc. Even those that did not die off either morphed into Luxury Barges (Land Cruiser, Armada) or into minivans without the sliding doors (Explorere, Pathfinder).
Yeah I feel like the market is there, ford just has to get the ingredients right. Small size, solid axles, removable top. Which is basically everything they've been trying to get away from for a while now so I'm not sure if they could get it right.

I predict it to be a rebadged Everest. Already based on the ranger platform. Good truck, body on frame, solid rear axle, ect. A smaller two door solid axle rig is a pipe dream. A 2 door wrangler doesnt even sell that well anymore. The market just does not support a 2 door anything any more that doesnt haul ***. Manufacturers are even getting away from extended and regular cab trucks. Here is a cool Everest on ARB's site:
http://www.arb.com.au/ford-everest-2015-present/

I predict it to be a rebadged Everest. Already based on the ranger platform. Good truck, body on frame, solid rear axle, ect. A smaller two door solid axle rig is a pipe dream. A 2 door wrangler doesnt even sell that well anymore. The market just does not support a 2 door anything any more that doesnt haul ***. Manufacturers are even getting away from extended and regular cab trucks. Here is a cool Everest on ARB's site:
http://www.arb.com.au/ford-everest-2015-present/
That's about as cool as two dudes blowing four dudes.

They still have 3 years to change their minds or ruin the concept...
I give it a good chance that they will ruin it. But atleast they say this..."a no-compromise midsize 4x4 utility for the thrill-seekers who want freedom and off-road functionality, with the space and versatility of an SUV. It's capable of conquering everything from your daily commute to gravel roads and boulders,"