06 Red LJ rubi rescued

I had sold the Lime Green LJ last summer and needed a replacement. Found this on one of the salvage auction websites I frequent and decided to pursue this one. Had very little damage to it as basically was just both fenders, grill, headlights, radiator and condensor. I already had several of the parts in my possession so it made it even easier to get back together.

38k, miles, automatic, softop. Was pretty clean inside.

012510 134.jpg 012510 135.jpg

The goal initially is just to get it running/driving so we can use it to fit a new product to. Nothing outrageously tall or far from stock so that I can make sure this new product fits.

All Airbags were fine. no axles or frame damage.

June of 2010

Attachments

stripping off the bad parts

pulled both fenders and grill off as they were bad. slight ripped in the panel right behind the fender mount that needed smoothed out.

was the only place on the tub that needed attention.

101_2147.jpg

Found a grill and fenders in same red but we repainted them anyways. For the grill, we sprayed it with our Armadillo Bedliner before painting automotive paint over the top of it.

101_2135.jpg 101_2140.jpg

Last edited:
parts painted and assembling back together

Fenders, Grill painted and assembling back together. We salvaged the hood although it really needs a new one. Will probably cut this one up with vents and maybe get a new one later.

101_2175.jpg 101_2176.jpg