Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: MCJ Fall Trailride 2016

City
    Chapin
    State
    SC

MCJ Fall Trailride 2016

Wow, what a trip. This was my first offroad and camping trip with Ava where I didnít have Andrea as a copilot. She did great. I hadnít planned to detail this trip out as it was made up of smaller trails, but after our findings I feel its fair to share.

We got off to a little bit late start Thursday evening. We had planned to leave at 7:00pm, but I was finishing the teardrop up all week and didnít get a chance to do any packing till Thursday after work. It was a pretty uneventful evening with a stop in Hendersonville for a quick Walmart run. I had forgotten to pack some socks for Ava and I forgot my pillow. Har Har. We made it up to the campsite and setup right on the creek near what used to be the rocky climb on Harmon Den Road. We enjoyed a cool night camping on the creek.
    --Brooks

City
    Chapin
    State
    SC

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    --Brooks

City
    Leesville
    State
    SC
    DJI_0018.jpg
    Have not made it through much content yet.

Wow... ORSC sure shrunk that photo.. here is a larger one.

https://goo.gl/photos/ghxhXpqiSVY3PRnq5
    Look at the Word Differently - In a World of Talkers, be a thinker and a doer.

City
    greenville
    State
    SC
    brooks is there leveling jacks and a way to lock the tires on it for when it not hooked to jeep? or is it small enough you have to be hooked up to the jeep to be in the camper.

City
    Chapin
    State
    SC
    Quote Originally Posted by 308turbo View Post
    brooks is there leveling jacks and a way to lock the tires on it for when it not hooked to jeep? or is it small enough you have to be hooked up to the jeep to be in the camper.
    I have wheel chocks for it, leveling jacks are on my list.

--Brooks

City
    Chapin
    State
    SC
    Saturday we woke up, ate some breakfast, and packed up camp. Then we made our way down the mountain back to the power station off of I-40. We stopped at the park and playground to wait for the rest of the guys to arrive. We had a quick drivers meeting once everyone was there and then headed off for the first trail. When we got to the spot that we camped that night we kept going on the trail and soon realized that they had recently graded the trail and made it nearly Mall Rated. We enjoyed the trail though and then headed to the Overlook for a few white knuckle pictures.
    --Brooks

City
    Chapin
    State
    SC

--Brooks

City
    Chapin
    State
    SC
    We followed the gravel road back out to I-40 for a short jaunt down the interstate to another road. We had lunch on the way and enjoyed a nice run up to Max Patch Mountain.
    --Brooks

City
    Chapin
    State
    SC

--Brooks

City
    Chapin
    State
    SC
    After we left max patch we made our way up the forest service roads and twisty mountain roads to Camp in Hotsprings, NC. Some of the group split up at this time, with many camping on the river and others staying in local houses or cabins. We then rolled out for dinner at the local BBQ restaurant in town.
    --Brooks

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast