Offroad Teardrop

Shortening the tongue a bit tonight down to around 4 feet. After some more mock up I found that the jeep will clear the rack at a near jack knife with the shorter tongue. This also brings the total length down a bit to help with turns on the trail.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Also I was looking at how I plan to do my rub rails on the sides. I wanted them to go from the fender to the front of the frame, but that's going to be something we will have to crawl over to get in the doors. So I may do a short tie in at the front of the fender to divert trees.

LBarr2002

LIFETIME
SUPPORTER
Also I was looking at how I plan to do my rub rails on the sides. I wanted them to go from the fender to the front of the frame, but that's going to be something we will have to crawl over to get in the doors. So I may do a short tie in at the front of the fender to divert trees.

Make them to the front as planned and plate them. Then you have a little front porch where you can sit muddy shoes and stuff without bringing them in the bed.

You could even do a fold down rv step off of it :)

Shortening the tongue a bit tonight down to around 4 feet. After some more mock up I found that the jeep will clear the rack at a near jack knife with the shorter tongue. This also brings the total length down a bit to help with turns on the trail.

I still think that a telescopic tongue would be easy, and a tremendous advantage. The stability of a longer tongue at highway speeds would be nice.

I still think that a telescopic tongue would be easy, and a tremendous advantage. The stability of a longer tongue at highway speeds would be nice.
Even at its shortest setting now it's 9.5 feet from ball to axle. That's 3 feet longer than my m416

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

It's looking like a real teardrop!

e9fe0da411cced8062c24f017f35fbe7.jpg

67f0511c2c89fd2b4daee3b8d34f0e0d.jpg

0b624f66e6da271c573d0067f193b199.jpg

30b8b5cd4dac7e8172da72bc57ec0033.jpg

I'll be adding fenders, rub rails, and lights that's why they are not installed.

Made it home safe and sound, can't even tell this thing is behind the jk. We shall see how the TJ likes it soon. Need to put some real tail lights on it and wire on the brakes.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

The height and tongue length looks like it turned out just about perfect.
I agree, I was worried originally that it may sit to tall, but if anything i think it could be taller. The height its at currently is easy to get in and out of. It tracks great behind the JK, and the CJ springs keep it nice and soft. It just soaks up the bumps on the road instead of bouncing.