JKUR Lift Opinions

I'm thinking about lifting my JKUR 2.5 inches with the end goal of putting 35s under there and giving myself a little more ground clearance. It's my daily driver so I'd rather not sacrifice too much comfort, but I would like to add some clearance and articulation.

I found this kit by Metalcloak and was hoping to get some opinions from you guys. Thanks.

There are many companies that offer a 2.5" kit. Metal cloak is a very complete kit that is for sure top of the line. If you want to drop the coin I think you get what you pay for with metal cloak.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Me personally, I did a 3.5" Rough Country suspension lift. Came with all you need. Springs are the same tension as stock, so ride is about the same. Plenty for 35". Believe it or not, that extra inch will make a difference with articulation. bd1315b1a6db7c7adb3867061b2e7edb.jpg

I thought for anything over 2.5" you need to replace the drive shafts. Is that not the case?
I did not. Still the stock shaft. There is the *possibility* that you may get some rubbing under fairly extreme conditions. The rubbing comes from the shaft on the skid plate. There are thinner after market shafts that are purchasable as well. However, while I'm not out doing very extreme stretching of it (still a DD) I have had it on the obstacles, swaybar disengaged with no problem. It's certainly worth watching but unless you're going to be going crazy, it'd probably be ok.

Small world indeed! Doing pretty well, trying to get acquainted with local people and places.

Well, I now have several options to consider. Thanks for the insight! It'll be a while before I move forward with adding a lift, so I have plenty of time to weigh all the pros and cons.