Willys CJ2a, CJ3A Frame serial and title

Not to hoard your thread, but I need one for a GPW if anyone has one of those floating around. Serial # and Title.

I think SC will actually title them for you but it's a process...

Yeah i can easily go and get a VIN issued but there is something to be said to have an actually title with the original serial and model. Broadway title went up through the roof with their prices for getting a title for a rig. Doubled from what i paid for a title from them in the early 2000s

Gotcha. I am looking for the cheapest route.

Have you dealt with having a vin issued? Mine is just a tub, will be a complete custom build.

I have to find the page on teh DMV site, but in essence you have to take vehicle to DMV, they guy looks it over and they issue you a serial number for the rig.

10-4. I had read that a while back but was curious if the process actually worked. I guess that's on the agenda before I get too deep into this thing.

I wonder if I can drag up the shell to get the VIN. I need one for my 2a build before I go any further. Luckily I had one for the commando. It is actually the only way I would buy anything anymore. Hmm maybe I can get a VIN on the buggy and register it...

I will let you know when I get the time to drag my tub up to the DMV. I will do that before I start. Or, I will just buy a title and VIN in Charlotte in October.