Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: 1948 Willy's CJ2a Build

City
    Lexington
    State
    SC
    Well after the sickness i got from Vegas I really didnt have any ambition to work on the Flatty. I would come out and clean around it, and sometimes just scrape off some undercoating. Finally i went out and did some work.
    The original owner did some body work and not that well, i cut it out and added new rockers, there is some batch patching still in front of it, but it is solid and i will probably try to sand and level it out with filler unfortuantely, but it is not a show jeep.

So rockers are liberated.

Patched spotted in

The original owner put some plate for the rockers with no bend on the bottom like the original panels, I added metal with a bend so it will not slice your hand if you grab it. I need to cut out a drain hole on the passenger side to match the driver side.
    Next on the plate is repair the center hump and then put the floors back in.

City
    Lexington
    State
    SC
    Hoping to get the floor pans installed this weekend. Tonight i did the driver side

The passenger side has a bit more work because i have to rebuild the center hump, but the tool box will cover it up anyway.

City
    Lexington
    State
    SC
    Passenger side and center hump rebuild. I had to piece together the hump, but it will clean up after i hit it with a flapper disc

I still have a patch to go at the angled portion of the floor board. Took a while today to repair the previous owners attempt at repair, by just placing a 1/8 piece of plate over the original metal... and leaving a 1/2 void between the two piece of metal. :( I had to use the plasma to get by the side panel welds because the cutoff wheel wont get that close.

City
    Lexington
    State
    SC
    Well floors are all in, next to work on the floor braces.

I put in the gas tank and tool box to see how it looks.

City
    Greenville
    State
    SC
    Looks good man.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

City
    Chapin
    State
    SC
    That's a boatload it body work, looks great. Wish the gpw we worked on could have gone like this

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    --Brooks

City
    Lexington
    State
    SC
    Yeah this was a bit better shape than that one HAHAHA

City
    Leesville
    State
    SC
    Quote Originally Posted by DanStew View Post
    Yeah this was a bit better shape than that one HAHAHA
    And you separated the tub and frame so you could actually work on it.
    '04 LJ Sleeper

City
    Lexington
    State
    SC
    I got a little garage time between doing repairs to subfloor in house and laying vinyl flooring.
    Nothing special, but added my floor supports to the new floor pans. I had a bunch of 1x2 rectangular tubing laying around and it worked great for the supports. i also sleeved the body mount holes so nothing will collapse if the mount bolts are tightened down a bit too hard ;)

City
    Lexington
    State
    SC
    Well now that the floors are done I am able to work on the Jeep again. I decided on my body color and wanted to get the bottom painted so that I can mount the tub back on the frame to get some room in the garage and to actually have it look like a Jeep again.

I decided to go the cheap route and got the Tractor Supply paint in Massey Ferguson Grey. I am not totally done with the rust repair, i need to do the tail light sections and two other small sections. I brushed on the bottom paint, but will spray the sides. I got lazy and did not feel like setting my guns up to spray. It isnt a show rig anyway.

Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast