Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: 1948 Willy's CJ2a Build

City
    Lexington
    State
    SC
    I got some jewelry for the CJ2a from the brown Santa.
    Since I accidentally hit my radiator with the pressure washer (but it was pretty janky looking anyway) I was going to get a new radiator or the Flatfender. When i had my old CJ3a i found radiators were a bit pricey for new. I was looking for the cheapest price for them and found an Aluminum replacement radiator.

It is a bit skinnier and there is no shroud

But it fits the bottom mounting points and looks real nice. Eventually i will probably spray it black so it is not as loud for the jeep :)

I found the radiator on Amazon for $189 with free shipping... and it also came with a free electric fan, which i will just put aside for a later project. So it may make the purist cringe, i am very happy and cant wait to get it connected. The upper hose i got ended up being too short, thanks Rock Auto :(

City
    columbia
    State
    SC
    Whether it is a trailer, a cooker, a Toyota, a Jeep, or whatever, I always enjoy following your builds! Keep it up!

City
    Leesville
    State
    SC
    Quote Originally Posted by rolledxj View Post
    Whether it is a trailer, a cooker, a Toyota, a Jeep, or whatever, I always enjoy following your builds! Keep it up!
    I'm exhausted and I read that as a trailer, a cookie, ....

I was thinking yeah, he does bake, probably makes some good cookies, then I realized it said cooker...
    '04 LJ Sleeper

City
    Lexington
    State
    SC
    Not that many pictures of progress, mainly waiting for parts to come in.

I installed the Intermediate CJ5 MC on the frame rail

The brake lines are run, i am waiting for two "S" lines to come in so i can fully plumb my front brakes. The 11" brakes are installed, and i replaced the rear seal on the Tcase because it didnt want to hold the oil in anymore, and i have to do the same on the rear axle pinion seal.

Today Brown Santa came and brought me the last of my goodies.

The front floor pands came in last week and today i got the sheetmetal where the floor raises front the front floors to the rear pan.

City
    Lexington
    State
    SC
    Got the Tub up in the rotisserie.
    I still have to get some material to connect the ends because when the tub is flat The front side mount wants to do a wheelie on the floor.

City
    Chapin
    State
    SC
    Awesome work on the rotisserie! That should make the bodywork much easier.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
    --Brooks

City
    Lexington
    State
    SC
    I connected each side of the rotisserie and now it is nice and sturdy and easy to move around

City
    Lexington
    State
    SC
    Well got some more work done tonight. This rotisserie is the bees knees.

First i popped off the tool box. Found a mouse house. No live meeses were there anymore. It is pretty rotted so i will have to get a new one, no need to save this

Welded up the braces to support the body for me to cut out the floor

And time to cut. Even though i hardly use my plasma cutter, it was nice to just cut everything out like butter. Center riser has been removed.

I am going to cut some more out of the floor so i can slip the new center riser in, and of course clean up the existing metal for the riser to fit in. Then the floors will be next.

City
    Lexington
    State
    SC
    I got the new riser mocked in. i am not putting it in yet because i have some rust to deal with on the sides, so next up is to cut out the floors. Such shiney new metal :)

City
    Lexington
    State
    SC
    Now the floors have been liberated from the tub.

Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast